HL2:e1 problems..

Status
Not open for further replies.
do you own the game? or did you get it off the internet? I have the game so i can upload all the files somewhere if you want. Just need a pic of the game or some proof that you own it first.

i have half life 2... and it works fine... graphics are the same as far as i know.

I would suggest trying to update your video card drivers. HL:e1 graphics are a little better than HL2... thanks to HDR... If your video card cannont render HDR try turning it off.

check in the setting of the game as of wat is the Direct X renderer!!! is it 8 or 9??? and then search in the folder of where you installed HL:e1, there u can find files with names containing .dx9 or .dx8 ... If the files are .dx9 and the renderer in the in game settings is dx 8,, (backup/ or be ready to reinstall, jst in case!!!) then rename all the files with dx9 to dx8!!!

ALTERNATIVELY, to make sure its working,, take the in game console by pressing ~ ,,,, There may be error messages of which all texture files are missing,,, search those file names in your installed folder,, then rename according to what i said before..

Then check the in game console whether the same error message is coming in the same area!!!

Hope you understood!!!!

lol i just gave up. im going to go to the store to get it tomorrow, im done with steam forever.

um, if you want to play the game, you are definitely NOT done with Steam
ThanX for this post by-the-way, I'm contemplating on whether or not I should get Ep1. I might, just to see Alyx in better res. :) j/k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom