Help re-installing BF3, Avira deleted it

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLUE

Baseband Member
Hi, I need help regarding the Battlefield 3 Avira problem. Right after I got the latest patch for my Battlefield 3, my Avira Antivirus flagged it as a virus and unfortunately I had had a few drinks that night and clicked remove thinking it was actually a legit virus, my mistake I know. I tried to restore it from quarantine, but it did not work after, so I have uninstalled it, but what I want to ask for help for is re-installing the game now. The battlefield3.exe is gone now, but some files remain, such as: Battlelog Web Plugins, ESN Sonar, Origin. Do I need to, or should I remove any of these before I re-install, or should I just try re-installing the game? I would like to keep my game accomplishments (unlocks, guns, equipment, achievments, etc...) if possible and I don't want any of these files to mess with the new installation. I will make sure to turn off avira, or add BF3 to it's exceptions list for next time. Hopefully I can get back to playing soon, it's been a while already because of this issue.

Nah, I'll see if there's any more issues with avira after I reinstall and put it on safe list, I'll just leave the old files and hopefully they will just be replaced, hopefully I won't lose all my unlocks! Just a pain in the ***... hopefully they fixed it already when I download all the patches again.

Nah, I'll see if there's any more issues with avira after I reinstall and put it on safe list, I'll just leave the old files and hopefully they will just be replaced, hopefully I won't lose all my unlocks! Just a pain in the ***... hopefully they fixed it already when I download all the patches again.

Your account shouldn't be touched as EA maintains them... unless they changed all of that this time around.

Enjoy downloading the latest patch - 2+GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom