Halo Online / El Dewrito

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
So for those of you who haven't seen, Halo Online mod has been picking up steam lately. Played it a bit and it's pretty fun.

Q: What is Halo Online?

A: Halo Online is a free-to-play shooter developed by Saber Interactive and published by Innova Co. S.a.r.l, in association with 343 Industries. It is currently undergoing beta testing, and is exclusive to Russia and Windows OS. The game runs on a modified version of the Halo 3 engine, and includes gameplay additions such as sprint, assassinations, tactical packages, and more. The official website is here, and the official social media page is here.

Q: What is ElDewrito?

A: Two days after the initial announcement of Halo Online, an early build of Halo Online was leaked from the official website. This build differs from the official game in that it contains Forge mode, Halo 3's menus, and various Halo 3 assets (though not Campaign or Theater). ElDewrito is a mod which makes Halo Online playable for all, and includes changes and additions such as English menus and HUD, support for medal/announcer packs, a server browser, and more. Its name is a play on the name of Halo Online's original executable, eldorado.exe.
More info here (FAQ, download, etc.):

https://www.reddit.com/r/HaloOnline/

I haven't played much since I've been playing Minecraft with a friend on his server, but I played a couple rounds last night. Had a lot of fun with Lazer Tag (Swords & Spartan Lazers).

One of my favorite variants back in the day was Nades and Spades. Points only for assassinations and plasma grenade sticks, if I remember right. That was a lot of fun.

Its actually pretty bad as of now, compared to the official halo games. Its barley passable and it still needs a lot of work.
Id recommend checking the game in about 6 months from now to see its status.

Back
Top Bottom