Halo 2 PC problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
pny geforce 9800 gt so im guessing i gotta call pny. I cant change the fan settings with riva or evga precision. It wont let me.

Do you have the 1 GB or 512 MB version? Your PSU should have a 6 pin PCI-e connector and should be plenty fine now. The issue at this point has got to be something else.

its the 1 gb edition, im thinking its overheating cause it idles at 72 degrees c
and i cant change the fan settings on the card

Are you sure the fan even functions? You could always get an aftermarket cooler for it. They're only like $20-$40 and help tremendously.

Well it spins while the computer is powered on lol which would be better contacting the manufacturer and getting a replacement or getting an aftermarket cooler, and if its the aftermarket idea what would you recommend

well if the card's defective you will want to get a replacement. I would contact them first and see what they can work out with you.

Just for reference i was able to log how hot it was getting while under load, it caught it at 86.9 degrees celsius and still rising

Are you sure the fan even functions? You could always get an aftermarket cooler for it. They're only like $20-$40 and help tremendously.

fried_eggs.jpg

LMAO...my cards get that hot even with a fan! (because my Raptors are so hot they raise the ambient probably 10*)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom