Halo 2 PC problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwymore

Solid State Member
I recently purchased an NVIDIA 9800GT with 1 GB of DDR3. since i installed it whenever i play halo 2 and turn the graphics all the way up it plays just smoothly for about 3 - 5 minutes but then the screen fizzles out and the monitor goes to power saver even though the tower stays on. I have to reboot. All my other higher end games, COD4, L4D, things like that all run fine with the settings turned all the way up. I dont know why it is doing this. I have the most current set of drivers for my card. At least i believe i do. this is the driver version i get in Device Manager 7.15.11.8205. Any ideas?:confused:

Check your temps on the card. You can use various programs for this, such as Rivatuner or Everest.

I have been, all are within norms, i have a antec 900 case with all 4 fans running at medium. Any other ideas?

Is your PSU stout enough to power the 9800GT? A 9800GT requires at least a 400W powersupply with 26 amps.

My PSU is a black widow 450 Watt, i think the amps are only 14 tho. That may be the problem :(

it says it produces 14A at 12 volts, 28A at +5V and 30A at +3.3V how do i change the settings to allow me to use at least the Amps i need? Is that possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom