Half Life 2 Death Match

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
It's just been released: www.steampowered.com ...

I was playing it today and I will say what I like and dont:

PRO's:
First Half Life 2 oriented multiplayer installment in the game. Counter-Strike was just an expansion off of the original.

Gravity gun, as well as all of the weapons from the game are included in the game. Rockets are self guided with your laser just as they were in the Single Player portion.

Custom skins, yeah pick from any charactor in the game that had a human skin (rebels and combine).

Physics, it takes complete use of the physics engine in SP, alot of people think that it has to do with the occasional tremendous lag, but not me.

CON's:
Only at this time 3 maps that I know of, I know there will be more pooring in by the day though.

Lag, probably the largest issue. There is tons of it, I think this is because the Steam servers were all jammed tryin to give hundreds of people their copy of DM.

Guns do very little damage, it takes so long to kill the enemy it isnt even funny. However some weapons such as the cross-bow are ultra-deadly. I like the damage that the sub-machine gun gives though. Pistol is hidious, except for the .357 .

Other than that it is totally fun and I cant wait for some more maps to show up and some of the awesome looking mods that are coming out soon.

You can download it VIA steam, for those less-fortunate members with out broad-band...I dont know what to tell you other that I'm sorry. Hang in there for when you do get broad-band :D

nice review.
I watched a friend playing it... hilarious lag, everybody was jumping around like in the early HL1 days when everybody was on 28.8k modems and HL still had the faulty netcode.

Man, I wish I could get that. I think I am the only posting member of this forum without broadband. There is one more but she doesn't post all that often. This WildBlue satellite service looks promising though. Hopefully that will be enough to bridge the digital divide so that people aren't at such a disadvantage for not living in town. Anyway, I hope someday I get to play this.

yea man Beedub i feel for ya, its sometimes a reason people give for living in a city, but cities suck. i used to live in Minneapolis and thats even a nice place but it totally sucked compared to livin a mile from an extremely clean beautiful Mississippi. I tell you what i dont know much about Fort Smith or whatever but cities suck and are not worth it.

there i go agian not even remotely on the point of the thread.. oh well sorry

I'm lucky enough to be on a LAN here at school so I don't really have to worry about lagging. I just watch everyone else's high pinged computers lag :)

I don't have issues with lag either.

The game runs completely smooth at all times w/ display settings maxed out.

(thats what my pic is btw, the Mississippi right by my house when we were kayaking this fall.) SUCKERSS!!!!

and yes school lans are tight, except for the damn admins slowin me down, and blocking some sites or slowing them. This Christmas i hope to get like 2mbs!!

ag3 said:
I don't have issues with lag either.

The game runs completely smooth at all times w/ display settings maxed out.

Well, the display settings causing slow down is a different issue, one that i wouldn't expect with your specs :)

Basically I made my computer for Half Life 2, the Single player was on extreme settings and ran smooth. And CS source runs pretty smooth except there are occasional bugs. But for HL2: DM I get a ton of lag, and once I put the settings on best, Everything looked nice except the shadows and windows turned very purple and maybe a little black? HOw can I fix this or what do you propose I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom