Half Life 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
i watched it on my bro's comp.. wasnt impressed.( witchis a good thing, cause thy shouldnt show the good stuff, or it will spoil the game)

and whoever decided to make that into a .exe 'blink video' is a F*ck Tard.

that could be encoded into a 30 to 60mb divx or Xvid file. and prolly with better quality.
---------------------------------------------------------
i was more impressed buy the Doom preview at doom.com

is there a higher quality video of the Doom vid? and if so please link.. thx

All HL2 files have come out in BINK video format. The reason why they didn't do it as AVI is the BINK allows it to keep the video quality as it is recorded. No compression so what you see is what the game actually looks like. Why don't you do a search for bink, which by the way is a radgame tool found here: http://www.radgametools.com/default.htm
they'll explain it to you. You can also run your antivirus app on it and nothing will come up.
By encoding it to a divx or Xvid file, you would lose the quality. BINK renders it as if you were playing the game instead of recording, encoding, compressing and saving images where your computer then has to decompress, decode and play on a player such as divx, etccc..... which will remove even more quality to the image so QUOTE 30 to 60mb divx or Xvid file. and prolly with better quality. would be impossible. You compress, you lose quality, simple as that

ok so bink vid doesnt compress as much as other codecs, i still dont like it. some one could encode it using xvid and it would end up 30-60mbs prolly, and the human eye wouldnt beable to see a diff. its justa preview anyway, like it has to be in raw format... still seems retarded to me.

Yeah it does look a AWESOME, so whats the problem. \\\\\just download it and see the results.

you could stream of gamespot to see a good video of half life 2

its not great quality but you get a good idea of what the game is like from it.

i myself got a demo with a magazine and it looked fantastic, this game is the reason im building a new pc

cant wait for all the mods to arrive for it, anyone played cs source yet?

jolancer said:
ok so bink vid doesnt compress as much as other codecs, i still dont like it. some one could encode it using xvid and it would end up 30-60mbs prolly, and the human eye wouldnt beable to see a diff. its justa preview anyway, like it has to be in raw format... still seems retarded to me.

with BINK youre actually watching the video in-engine rather than recorded into video, it looks much better IMO

and no, i havent played CS source yet, where can i get it?

Bink video has been around for years. It is a very efficient source of video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom