Techist - Tech Forum

Techist - Tech Forum (http://www.techist.com/forums/)
-   PC Gaming (http://www.techist.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   H1Z1 Early Access (http://www.techist.com/forums/f15/h1z1-early-access-273868/)

Oreo 01-11-2015 05:33 AM

H1Z1 Early Access
 
Anyone picking this up ? Would be cool to play with some TF users. I'm not actually sure there is any way to play coop stuff in this game or if it's all every man for himself PvP.

It's released 15th Jan on Steam and is supposed to be around $20.

Dauntae 01-11-2015 11:33 AM

Re: H1Z1 Early Access
 
This looks like another DayZ, I'm going to have to see if it's a completed game or not. And what you can do in the game such as building things and such. Hopefully it doesn't end up like most of the other sandbox games with 90% using hacks. Even DayZ is suffering from that now and ruined the game for many.

carnageX 01-11-2015 05:10 PM

Re: H1Z1 Early Access
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmanmx (Post 2130051)
Anyone picking this up ? Would be cool to play with some TF users. I'm not actually sure there is any way to play coop stuff in this game or if it's all every man for himself PvP.

It's released 15th Jan on Steam and is supposed to be around $20.

I thought it was supposed to be Free-to-play? Where did you hear that it was going to be $20?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dauntae (Post 2130073)
This looks like another DayZ, I'm going to have to see if it's a completed game or not. And what you can do in the game such as building things and such. Hopefully it doesn't end up like most of the other sandbox games with 90% using hacks. Even DayZ is suffering from that now and ruined the game for many.

I think this has a lot of potential - been following it off and on since last year. Not going to be as "feature rich" as DayZ yet...but it has a large development studio behind it so IMO it looks like it has promise.

Oreo 01-12-2015 02:44 AM

Re: H1Z1 Early Access
 
When the game is complete it will be F2P. But early access is $20, for some reason.

I think i'll probably pick it up though. I don't mind spending $20. You do get some goodies thrown in which you would normally have to pay for if it was f2p anyway.

iFargle 01-12-2015 07:35 AM

Re: H1Z1 Early Access
 
^ Yep $20 for early access.
I'll probably be picking it up... Something to tide me over until GTA V :tongue:

carnageX 01-12-2015 08:17 AM

Re: H1Z1 Early Access
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmanmx (Post 2130136)
When the game is complete it will be F2P. But early access is $20, for some reason.

I think i'll probably pick it up though. I don't mind spending $20. You do get some goodies thrown in which you would normally have to pay for if it was f2p anyway.

Ah alright.

I'll probably wait until it's finished anyway. I'm not gonna pay money to beta (alpha?) test for a multi-million $ company :p.

Oreo 01-12-2015 09:58 AM

Re: H1Z1 Early Access
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by carnageX (Post 2130150)
Ah alright.

I'll probably wait until it's finished anyway. I'm not gonna pay money to beta (alpha?) test for a multi-million $ company :p.

You mean the multi million $ company that has been haemorrhaging money for 10 years :p ?

carnageX 01-12-2015 10:01 AM

Re: H1Z1 Early Access
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kmanmx (Post 2130168)
You mean the multi million $ company that has been haemorrhaging money for 10 years :p ?

Yup :p.

Their game division has been doing decent - it's their cell phone/computer (now non-existant)/entertainment divisions :p. So their gaming division is probably about their only current "successful" area.

Luke 01-12-2015 06:12 PM

Re: H1Z1 Early Access
 
I'm really getting tired of free to play games, but with paid micro transactions. Just give me a game that cost money up front, and i don't have to pay for items and ****.

That said, i love zombies, and i love survival games. So i will look at it. If its really appealing i might pay the 20 bucks, if its not really i will wait for F2P and the finished game.

iFargle 01-15-2015 05:02 PM

Re: H1Z1 Early Access
 
Yay!
http://i.imgur.com/pPon0C9.png


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.