H.A.W.X Demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Home | HAWX | Ubisoft

So has anyone else played the demo yet? I've got mixed feelings about it so far. I've played it for about an hour. The graphics are pretty nice. I ran a Performance test and MAX FPS was 120 and Average was 50 FPS.
All settings are high 8X AA @ 1920x1200.

I spent about 20 minutes fooling around with control settings. I have a saitek joystick which really need configuring. I found that the controls were really hard to get used to. I couldn't find a mouse sensitivity adjustment which sucks because a high performance laser mouse makes it sooo touchy.

The normal assisted mode was way easier to fly. The expert unassisted mode is friggin hard to control.
I don't know. I exited the game after an hour with the thought, "I REALLY SUCK." WTF am I doing?

Anyone else play it have thoughts or opinions?

I'm downloading now. I've been wanting a fighter jet game for a long time now. I have a old sidewinder 2 joystick and nothing to use with it. Come to think of it I hope my sidewinder works with this game on Vista.

Seems like reviews are mixed. But I thought Ace Combat 4 was a decent game so as long as its decent I'll be happy.

Played it as soon as it came out (the demo) i found the whole experience very underwhelming. The controls are random, and that stupid mode where your in some dodgey camera 100meters away from your jet makes it impossible.

I didn't really like it..

Played it as soon as it came out (the demo) i found the whole experience very underwhelming. The controls are random, and that stupid mode where your in some dodgey camera 100meters away from your jet makes it impossible.

I didn't really like it..

Yep, that's what I thought. That's expert / unassisted mode you are talking about. I really didn't like that at all. You spend so much time trying to fiddle with the camera that you end up spinning around end over end like a friggin tumble weed in a hurricane.

The other thing I thought wasn't done well is the missle camera. If you fire a missile and hold down the trigger button you can watch the missile on it's path. Although, it just looks weird. May-be the fact that there is NO motion blur on that camera.

Played the demo on Xbox. I thought i was pretty lame. The camera angle where you are away from the jet just didn't make sense to me.

controls were horrible... might be better with a joy stick but i was to lazy to get mine and install the drivers.
also wtf was the training level about where u had to fly in 3rd person... retarded...
i found the thing where u have to fly through the check points to get some of your targets(tanks in between buildings) was impossible

You don't have to use that thing for killing the tanks. I just climbed to a couple thousand feel and dove strait down on top of the tanks and hit them with missiles that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom