Great screenshots of Far Cry with new Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
v930 said:
Went ahead and adjusted the settings and resolution to 1280x1024 here are a couple of new screen shots. Let me know if theres that much of a difference.

[

Well YOU should notice a difference, if you dont theres something wrong here....yes i notice a diff....increasing the res makes everything smaller but at the same time everything clearer and smoother, less jagged edges...

you still need to turn up "texture filtering", AA to 8 or 16...play with the settings..

It doesn't make anything smaller in games, 'cept maybe the text in the console, if your game has a console.

The General said:
It doesn't make anything smaller in games, 'cept maybe the text in the console, if your game has a console.

And everything else...try it...

"The term "screen resolution" refers to the number of individual pixels that fit within a given space. When we're discussing an 800x600 resolution, the number 800 refers to the number of pixels that the monitor can display horizontally, while the number 600 refers to the vertical limit.

Monitor size and optimal screen resolution are closely linked. As you increase the resolution, the screen elements appear smaller. In fact, the information contained on a 15-inch screen set to 1024x768 may be so small as to be virtually unreadable. But the same information displayed at that resolution on a 17 or 21-inch monitor would look fine.

That's because a 15-inch monitor set to display at 800x600 pixels has a higher resolution than a 21-inch monitor set to the same display. That means a 200x300 pixel GIF image will look smaller on the 15-inch monitor than on the 21-inch monitor. An image that size would still be readable, but small navigation buttons quickly become illegible - even for visitors with great eyesight. "

That should be fine, it's an ATI card, they do tend to run hoy. What card is that v930?

Have you downloaded all the patches for FarCry? I suggest you do, those screenies look like they're missing something!

it is nicer but i dont think u got everything on very high and put water ob ultra high it makes a dif with my 7900 it looks alot beter then what u got keep tweakign is all u gotta do and dowload fraps to make shrue ur fps dont go beloe 30 i get abotu 110 with mine at max and aax8 is the most u can put on this game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom