Great FarCry 2 news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. And a lot of things are turned off in the editor :/. building physics for instance. also trees don't break either.

Meh, i still don't think it will be too hard to run.
Anyhow, just spent liek an hour skeet shooting the infinite molotovs LOL. it's a lot harder than i fugured it would be. im like 5/100 haha.

Yeah. And a lot of things are turned off in the editor :/. building physics for instance. also trees don't break either.

Meh, i still don't think it will be too hard to run.
Anyhow, just spent liek an hour skeet shooting the infinite molotovs LOL. it's a lot harder than i fugured it would be. im like 5/100 haha.

you have an hd 4870x2 not much is gonna be hard to run for just about the next year.

I was looking at it from the 8800 gtx-ish/4850/70 viewpoint.

So far I don't see Anything that indicates it'll be any different from CoD4.
It looks similar, or maybe even not quite as good as cod4. And CoD4 runs good for Everybody.

I lold when i looked down and spun in a circle in the grass, and the grass spun around with me, rather than showing me different angles of it.

Akubane, the branches do come off the trees. Just not in the same cool fashion that they advertised it, they only come off in certain places on about 1/3rd of trees.

I do love the game, the editor is awesome - but there are a few niggles.

1) If grass sets on fire, it wont burn the bushes.
2) If you line up about 200 meters of barrels 2 meters away from each other and shoot 1, they all explode at the exact same time...
3) Fires burn out to quick, maybe this is to save lower spec systems or to make it not overpowered, but having it burn out after 10 or 15 meters can screw up your plan when your attacking a village. Maybe it'll be better in SP Campaign.
4) Is it just me or are vehicles out of proportion, especially with the ''Collonised'' building set. Jeep's are half the height of a standard 2meter door :confused:
5) I wish i could drop guns into the map
6) I cant find a way to set the sun direction, or wind direction etc - there must be away

But please dont let any of that put you off, relative to how cool the map editor is there merely very minor niggles.

I was looking at it from the 8800 gtx-ish/4850/70 viewpoint.

So far I don't see Anything that indicates it'll be any different from CoD4.
It looks similar, or maybe even not quite as good as cod4. And CoD4 runs good for Everybody.

I lold when i looked down and spun in a circle in the grass, and the grass spun around with me, rather than showing me different angles of it.

COD4 ran so well for everyone not only because it was a very optimized proprietary engine but it had next to none physic interaction objects and post processing stuff to slow it down. Seeing Crysis and COD4 run side by side is almost like 2 different art styles that imho can't be directly compared.

Farcry 2 seems to take more of the COD4 route with definately less objects and such, its going to be interesting seeing how the Dunia engine stacks up. I'm assuming the editor can be run on a 32 bit OS unlike Crysis editor ( which requires a 64 bit OS )? BTW the textures are terrible in your pictures :p

Anyway, this game looks really good. I just hope it's not a disappointment. Every game has stupid quarks and things that make it wholly unrealistic, but you just have to look passed those and enjoy it for what it is. For instance, in Crysis, only the palm trees can be shot/blown down. Any other trees just take the bullets. I guess in order to make EVERYTHING destructible in a game like that would take an insane amount of resources. This game, so far, seems to be pretty advanced as far as destructibility and environmental effects.

It's going to be a long time before they can make everything destructible. Red faction guerilla is just starting with proper building destruction physics. Other games wont adopt that for a long time to come.

The editor is quite fun. I've managed to find out what it took to brign fps down far enoug hto crash it too hahaha. Drop a couple hundred cars from the sky onto a parking lot of cars below, and fall with them. LOL
Loads of fun.

Hehe i tried a similar thing Akubane, About 500explosive barrels stacked up, a loads and loads of all the explosives section crammed intogether, explosions look fantastic i must say !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom