Graphics of PC games vs. next Gen consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.

j4ckaL

Daemon Poster
If I built the system in my sig what would games look like on it compared to XB360 games? I'm just worried that if I build this system it will become outdated (graphically) in two months by the new Xbox. :(

i dont think that will be outdated anytime soon...plus u can always get another 7800gtx later on and sli them....

also why not get a amd 4400+ ??? i mean you are going to be building a pretty good system why not get a really good chip to go with it...not saying the 3700+ is bad...but i would get the 4400+ :)

The screen will play a huge factor when it comes to the consoles graphics.... 800x600 res on a normal everyday TV isnt all that great......

It all depends on how well the devs utilise the raw power of the machines. Often it's a good 6-7 months or more into a consoles' lifespan before we start to see what the machine is really capable of.

charles_scott said:
The screen will play a huge factor when it comes to the consoles graphics.... 800x600 res on a normal everyday TV isnt all that great......

Well currently PC power and console power will be around the same graphics wise.

However our monitors look a crapload better than TV's

Do you think it would be a good idea to get a really nice monitor, speakers, and case right now but only get budget components for it (6600GT, 3200+ Venice, ect), then when socket M2, DX10, and Windows Vista comes out buy all new components? Just to kind of bridge the gap between now and the next big leap in technology.

j4ckaL said:
If I built the system in my sig what would games look like on it compared to XB360 games? I'm just worried that if I build this system it will become outdated (graphically) in two months by the new Xbox. :(

Pfft, whatever.

X-Box 360 = poo

PS3 = meh

Nitendo Revolution = :mad:

if you going t build your own pc, why not get like 4Gb RAM, lots of hard drive space, etc. You might as well, plus it will save you upgrading later on.

tibbinator said:
if you going t build your own pc, why not get like 4Gb RAM, lots of hard drive space, etc. You might as well, plus it will save you upgrading later on.
By the time 4GB is required we will all be using DDR2 anyway so that would be a big waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom