Going Legit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to get cod4 online, but it wouldint work...luckily the girlfriend decided to pick it up for me for xmas, so ive been blastin away ever since. I only own three "legit" games: cod2, cod4, and diablo II lol.

I would if I wasn't so fricken poor, I'd have to save up for months to buy a single game, and I don't even get to play them online...

But the way I see it is, there is no way I would have ever been able to buy the game anyways, so they aren't loosing sales by me obtaining these games using sketchy methods.

If I had money Id have no problem going out and buying the game, I love to support the people who make them and all.
This is no excuse. Waa and boo hooo. I dont have money and i am the poorest person in the world...get over it. Have you tried raising a kid in a house with making just over $10 an hour? I OWE just voer $10,000 in credit card bills yet i still buy my games. It is a choice you make. You want extra money. Stop paying for such fast internet to pirate the games. That will giev you some extra money to buy them legitly. This is never a excuse. This excuse is so **** common everyone has got a sob story on why they CANT PAY instead of why they can.

Get over it. If what some of us have to go thru and still buy our stuff legitly so can you. You just have to sacrafice things like going out drinking with the buds every weekend, or that new pair of sneakers or whatever. IT CAN BE DONE.

/rant
Just PM Makaveli213 about other private torrent sites (Other than Bitsoup) and PM TheEnd187 about Usenet.

Wow nice to see my name mentioned when i wasnt even active in the topic.:p :laughing:

most fo the time I only pay for games that i want to play online with.

steam games, mmorpgs, world in conflict.. hellgate london..

I just bought fear gold because I was too lazy to download the expansions. woulda had to pay 10$ to reactivate my rapidsuck account anyway.

bioshock wouldnt work (not that I really care much).

crap most of those are online..

in fact I bought a lot of games recently.. ****

well I wont pay for crysis. ;p heh

my oblivion install wont work anymore either heh so guess ill buy that. It just sucks I have to go out and spend 500$ on games when that right there is almost my lcd screen heh.

anyhow I'll download the game and play it, if its good I'll wait till I have the spare cash and buy it to pay my respects.... and get the updates.. because most of the time cracked updates come out too slow.. and or its too much of a headache to get some of them working. im very impatient.

p.s. and i'll be ****ed if im going out to pay for the adobe cs3 collection. you see the price on that thing? if you're a company sure i understand it. i just use it to tinker with my sigs. lol crazy

I also think a big problem is the industry releasing absolute CRAP (not just games, but movies and music) and not really caring about quality, just out for the bottom line. True, they are there to make money but it's like major companies, especially movies, care more about bottom line (money) and less and less about creating quality.

I only buy games if I really like them and if they have online multiplayer replay value like UT3...for example I might buy CoD4 because i beat the single player and it was freakin badass and am thinking that the multiplayer might be fun.

Just went to Best Buy Canada, my eyes caught Crysis clearly labeled at $39.99, went to the cash, scanned in at $59.99, showed the label and now I'm currently an owner of a legit copy. I wouldn't of bought it if I hadn't found that nifty optimized "Ultra High" config that I made a thread about a while back.

So that's one more legit game down. :p

I was just about to buy Soldier of Fortune Payback, but luckily I found an Internet connection there and looked up some reviews.

I must admit that for a while, I used to get games in a very "indirect way". But recently, I've felt more and more of an urge to buy legitimate software/games instead of obtaining them illegitimately.

This started off with 3DMark06 because I couldn't upload my score before because their servers were able to recognize my illegal version. I'm sure there is some kind of fix for that, but just getting a version that was guaranteed to work was great.

But it really mainly has to do with the fact that I only recently got my very own credit card (I think it's been several months now) and my rents never let me use theirs online. Also, I got a job so I had some cash to spend. The first game, or collection of games, I actually legitimately bought (which has been a very long while) was the Orange Box for $37. I mean, what a price! With no taxes! (Here we pay like 15%!!) Such a good deal, and so convenient to acquire it by download too. I think a lot of companies should move into this direction because it's much more encouraging. It makes me a little upset to see a game like CoD4 still priced at $59.99, which is really steep. I was a little surprised when I saw a game like Crysis for only $49.99, but I still think it should be lower, especially when buying online.

I'm still not fully legit for software yet, but I'm getting there. Once pricing gets better, I'll have good reason for going legit.

I still think Windows OS is always way too expensive. Office is too. Developers/publishers need to find the optimal point for pricing. How expensive can a game/software be while not discouraging people enough so to acquire the game illegally, so as to make the most profit? If they come up with a good answer to that, then I think everybody'll be happy.

One last thing I'd like to add that I think is quite important: When you spend your hard-earned cash on game, you feel much more compelled to actually finish it and thoroughly enjoy it, so as to make it worth the money spent :)

Good for you...you do know if people keep pirating games...that sure will put another nail in the pc gaming coffin....and I hate to see that day come, however i do believe it is getting closer :-(

This is no excuse. Waa and boo hooo. I dont have money and i am the poorest person in the world...get over it. Have you tried raising a kid in a house with making just over $10 an hour? I OWE just voer $10,000 in credit card bills yet i still buy my games. It is a choice you make. You want extra money. Stop paying for such fast internet to pirate the games. That will giev you some extra money to buy them legitly. This is never a excuse. This excuse is so **** common everyone has got a sob story on why they CANT PAY instead of why they can.

Get over it. If what some of us have to go thru and still buy our stuff legitly so can you. You just have to sacrafice things like going out drinking with the buds every weekend, or that new pair of sneakers or whatever. IT CAN BE DONE.

/rant

jesus dude take a chill pill

Half the games out there are not worth the 50 bucks they charge

ill buy a game if i like it and i have the money but for the most part i torrent them

i dont have the money to spend on games, not an excuse but the truth. lol and i am sure as **** not going to starve myself for a game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom