Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenNcheese

In Runtime
new games are comming out with better and better graphics. but how important is graphics? i think that how good a game looks is over rated. i mean, red blocks for enemies and blue blocks for friends is a bit extreme, but a game can be good while not looking all that good, look no further than Deus Ex when it first came out. The graphics werent cutting edge, but the gameplay was the best seen. for me the novelty of a good looking game wears off very quickly. If the game is good, playing it with not so good graphics is fine. A bad game might be attractive for an hour or so of gawking at the brilliant high def objects and landscape, but after that its just a bad game.

just wonderin, how important is graphics to you people?

I chose a bit older is ok, but i needs to look really good because the graphics dont really matter too much but i dont want a game to look like crap.

owenma435 said:
I chose a bit older is ok, but i needs to look really good because the graphics dont really matter too much but i dont want a game to look like crap.

Exactly

Personally I like the eye candy but I'd much rather have an involved story and polished game then s**t hot graphics.

As long as a game looks "good" (like Deus Ex did) then I'm satisfied. Having an amazing looking game like Oblivion does add to it's overall awesomeness, but that's derived much much much more from it's storyline than anything.

I voted for as long as i can clearly make things out.....and by that.....I consider mega man for NES to fit into that catagory lol. I can make out what they want me to see in that game :D

I know what you mean though, the novelty does wear out fast. That's why I just turned down oblivion settings so I could actually play through.

The thing is I find as time goes on the threshold where I can play games on changes. Nowdays I have a hard time playing any pre 2003 game for the first time ever just because the graphics seem so bad.

I can go back and play games that I have already done from pre 2003 since I liked the games, but can't jump into a new one unless I know its gonna be good. Right now Im trying to get heart of darkness which is from 98 but is supposed to be a really neat game.

ya..most of the games have great graphics dont come w/ great game play now days. its one or the other. im kind of disappointed by even Oblivion. graphics are great but for the game play...FF7 or 8 beats it easily. its all about the personal taste. but not much good game ive got lately except mb BF2...ive never played Dues ex before...mb ill try playn it. i heard the second one is better?

You cant really compare ff7 to oblivion, there both compeletly different games. The gameplay between the two is soo different.

I like having nice graphics, but id much rather have a game with awesome gameplay and an amazing story with shitty graphics than a game with kick *** gfx, but no gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom