geforce 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

sales1

Baseband Member
i have a really old graphics card and am upgrading it to a geforce 5 if my friend buy a new one so what i am asking is will that be good engough to run most games or do i need a different more powerful to run the games i want such as age of empires or rome total war and call of duty

heh dont think the geforce 5 will run much games.. maybe on low settings but with only 256 mb of ram i doubt u will be able to play those games

I doubt it will play anything new but even with 256mb ram I think you will struggle. My advice would be that if you want to play games upgrade your ram by atleast another 256mb and go for a Geforce 6600GT or if your budget dosent allow for this even the 6200 would be better than the Geforce 5 series (just)lol. The Geforce 6 series cards are now around £100 but you can get the 6200 for as cheap as £50 now. I would really go with the 6600GT or the plain old 6600 (like mine) it does the job very well.

Don't bother, your using windows 98, a celeron, and 256MB of RAM. no matter what you put into it, it wouldn't run any game fast enough for it to be playable.

The fact that your using windows 98 tells that your probably using a 1GHz CPU at most.

there is no such thing as geforce 5, so i think u mean geforce fx series.

anyway u should buy new computer to play latest games, don't bother in upgrading the one u have.

look all need is advice about the graphics card that is why i asked about the graphics card notfor you guys to slag off my computer i know itisn't the best computer in the world btu i will sort that out i know about computers altough i am a kid i can fix them and i know a computer is crap and i will sort it that out later and i cannot afford a brillant and my parents don't throw money at me ever 5 seconds

If your on a tight budget, and it sounds like you are, go with a GeForce 6200 128MB Card. In most cases you'll find it cheaper and much easier than a FX5700, which is the minimum card I would recommend for playing those games. I have a younger brother who plays all the games you listed and Battlefield 2 on a 6200, and they run perfectly fine for what he needs.

And trust me I know how hard it is to find money when it isnt there. Especially when your not old enough to get your own job. I spent a summer working for my parents, and wasted a birthday and a chirstmas years ago to just to upgrade my first computer. But it was worth it, and I recommend you try to, too. Even if its only $250, you can get a lot for a little now a days.

thanks that is really infomative as i have been told many things by friends and on thai forum but i don't no who to trust so thanksand i am getting a job soon so i will have some money to upgrade and i all ready have some money to buy upgrades

thanks i now have a new graphics card wich is the same you seguested it is great and i am about to upgerade my ram as a friend is getting rid of his and i am taking off his hands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom