gaming pc and entertaiment pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliman

Baseband Member
I am going to buid a gaming pc to play on my 46'' hdtv ,so can i build an entertaiment pc together with gaming pc,does the computer have enought space for too many card on that?thanks

All depends on what size case you are planning to use. If you want to use one of those HTPC cases then you will be very limited on what all you can stuff inside it.

Well with a gaming PC, it's going to require alot of processing power, a good motherboard, fast memory, and a good video card.

For your HTPC( Home Theater PC), you're going to need a large hard drive for all of your media files.

But with high performance gaming components, they're going to give off alot of heat, and alot of noise from fans.

With a HTPC, you want to build a computer that gives off minimal heat, low noise, and has a quiet power supply that saves energy. So you're probably going to have to compromise a bit.

If you would like any of us to configure a build for you, don't be afraid to ask.

I thought the HTPC have anything from GamingPC,the same component and just only add blueray drive or DHdrive

I used my old athlon 2800 with 1gb of pc2100 memory as a HTPC. The main problem with HTPC's is that you need TONS of storage. I plan on filling it up with 1tb drives as i have the money. Stuffing 300+ dvds onto a computer will be fun!

I used my old athlon 2800 with 1gb of pc2100 memory as a HTPC. The main problem with HTPC's is that you need TONS of storage. I plan on filling it up with 1tb drives as i have the money. Stuffing 300+ dvds onto a computer will be fun!

LOL but wouldn't it be easier to use a smaller HD (like 500gb) or something and make an ISO of the DVD and then mount it with DaemonTools or Alcohol 120?

also if its a entertainment PC a low end 8series works due to the purevid2 engine.. but you said gaming as well... an 8700gts when it comes out would be great because its a solid gamer and has the engine... but your gonna have to live with an 8600gts because its the best low-end gaming/Media Center Card there altogether or skip the purevid2 engine and just go with an 8800gts 320mb but we need a budget....

LOL but wouldn't it be easier to use a smaller HD (like 500gb) or something and make an ISO of the DVD and then mount it with DaemonTools or Alcohol 120?

I think that's what he meant, but ISOs aren't compressed. He would be better off encoding to XViD or similar.

also if its a entertainment PC a low end 8series works due to the purevid2 engine.. but you said gaming as well... an 8700gts when it comes out would be great because its a solid gamer and has the engine... but your gonna have to live with an 8600gts because its the best low-end gaming/Media Center Card there altogether or skip the purevid2 engine and just go with an 8800gts 320mb but we need a budget....

DirectX 10 cards run so incredibly hot... For an HTPC you want something cool and usually you use a card without a fan, just a heatsink. Keep it DX9 it will be better in the long run.

It all depends on how you're going to set up the HTPC. What's the room like? Furniture? Shelves? Where are you putting the HTPC?

DirectX 10 cards run so incredibly hot... For an HTPC you want something cool and usually you use a card without a fan, just a heatsink. Keep it DX9 it will be better in the long run.

It all depends on how you're going to set up the HTPC. What's the room like? Furniture? Shelves? Where are you putting the HTPC?

thats not true... the dx 10 cards don't run hot at all... its just the high end ones that do... the 8800's and the hd2900xt, the rest run cool from the benchmarks i've seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom