Gaming Desk help

Mrblurr

Beta member
Hello all,

I'm trying to find a new PC desk for my gaming needs. I'm having no luck right now to the point I'm thinking of building my own. here's what I need.

Enough space for a 27" and a 24" monitor. NO keyboard tray (I hate them), but enough room on top for a keyboard and mouse. At least 30" high so I don't have to worry about hitting my knees on it and I can scoot under it with my chair. I also need some room underneath for my to move my legs around.

It's that simple...I don't need a drawer or anything else really...but I'm not opposed to it coming with one. Right now I'm using an old desk that is basically 2' x 4' on top and has a drawer on the right that is bigger than it needs to be, and a small shelf underneath where I put my feet (love it) and my bass for my sound system.

If I do make my own, I'm looking at a 5 foot long table by 2 feet wide, 30" tall. My estimates are 2 pieces of Maple 4x8 foot sheets of plywood from lowes...so around $100. I also assume that I'll need some other things to brace the pieces together (I'd like to not just drill them both together on the edges) so they look nice. Finally, the sanding down of the edges to round them over a little and a sealant to protect it.

I use a six foot folding table (crapy cellphone pic incoming):

mydeska.jpg

I have my rig, dual 25" LCDs, a spare 17" LCD, and plenty of maneuvering room.

72"L x 29.5"H x 30"W
Sudden Solutions™ 6' Standard-Grade Resin Folding Banquet Table | Staples®
Global 6' Folding Melamine Banquet Table | Staples®

Either one, 79.99

2 people on PCs using a similar fold up table, but it collapses in the middle for easier transport to LANs. It's real sturdy and I wouldn't mind having my triple LCD setup on it. Not the ideal desk I know, but it's a start till you figure out what you really want. Mine was only 40 at Walmart.

2 people on PCs using a similar fold up table, but it collapses in the middle for easier transport to LANs. It's real sturdy and I wouldn't mind having my triple LCD setup on it. Not the ideal desk I know, but it's a start till you figure out what you really want. Mine was only 40 at Walmart.

Thar's actually what I have as well.

Back
Top Bottom