Games you HAVE to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReekyMarko

Solid State Member
As some of you people know, I'm getting in to the world of PC gaming, so I'd like to hear an opinion from some more experienced people on this subject. You could also post here some good underground games, that didn't make it in the list, so that they get some attention they deserve. All genres are welcome.

Multi-player shoteor: Just wait for BF3. It comes out in 2 months.

Single-player shooters: Crysis 1/2, Half-Life 2 if you want to play older games

COOP Shooter: Borderlands (played this game solo and loved it)

RPG: If you need one now, I'd say Witcher 2. Oblivion/Fallout 3 could be hit or miss. Skyrim should be a must have come November.

Zombies: Left 4 Dead 2

Survival Horror: Dead Space 1/2, Resident Evil V (possibly)

RTS: Starcraft 2

MMO: WoW, Rift, LOTRO or any other fantasy setting that suits you (I would actually advise against getting into MMO's however)

Racing: Dirt 3/ Need for Speed (I don't play pc racing, so don't really know)

Also adding to survival horror: Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Truly a "survival" horror, because you don't get any weapons, forcing you to run from enemies...and it's environment is very immersive. Must have, IMO.

Rage will be coming out later this year, and it is the game that I am most looking forward too.

Editing Druids list:

Multi-player shooter: Battlefield Bad Company 2 and soon Battlefield 3. For a less serious shooter, I would look at CS:S and Team Fortress 2 as well as Monday Night Combat.

Single-player shooters: Crysis 1 / 2, the Half Life series (recommending these again because they're just so good).

COOP Shooter: Killing Floor, Left 4 Dead, Alien Swarm was pretty fun (Free on Steam.. or I think it is)

RPG: TES IV: Oblivion. The best RP I've ever played. Skyrim should be a must have come November. Adding Dragon Age: Origins and Dragon Age II here. Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2 were good, Mass Effect 3 is coming out soon, too. I guess Portal and Portal 2 would fit in this category too.

Zombies: Left 4 Dead 2, Killing Floor, Zombie Panic Source (not a very serious zombie game, but fun and free [as a mod for a source engine game])

Survival Horror: Dead Space 1 / 2, and what carnageX suggested, Amnesia. Also, the Penumbra games are amazing (from the makers of Amnesia)

RTS: Starcraft 2 (can never go wrong here!) If you're looking for different types of RTS games, try out Civilization V and Sins of a Solar Empire Trinity.

MMO: Really isn't much in this section... World of Warcraft and soon The Old Republic.

I don't think it fits in a genre: Garrys Mod. I've been getting back into it recently and I love it :tongue: (Just so you know, it requires a Valve game [TF2, CS:S, Orange Box, Half-Life 2, etc])
Also, GTA IV.. It's another game that's just fun to have when you're bored.

Agreed on Dragon Age series and Mass Effect series for RPG, they're both awesome. Fallout 3 was also epic.

Also, Survival Horror. HOW has F.E.A.R not been listed?! I crapped my pants when I played FEAR 2 :p

Agreed on Dragon Age series and Mass Effect series for RPG, they're both awesome. Fallout 3 was also epic.

Also, Survival Horror. HOW has F.E.A.R not been listed?! I crapped my pants when I played FEAR 2 :p

I wouldn't consider FEAR and Deadspace survival horror... more Horror-FPS's, IMO. Survival horror is like Silent Hill.

Really? I didn't think anyone liked Dragon Age II. I got like 10 hours into it and was too underwhelmed to continue.

And I would have to say Bad company 2 is no longer a good investment as bf3 is just about to be here. Personal choice though I guess.

+1 to Rage. Forgot about that. Should be awesome when it's released.

Depends on how much you pay for BF2- there are still numerous servers going - although they are filled with hackers/cheaters/aim bots/etc. Cant remember- is there are decent campaign for BF2 as well as the multi-player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom