Games are getting very, very old now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DarkMortar said:
Its been years, and not many revolutionary ideas in games anymore. Sure you can say there are, but only graphically. I dunno what it is, play one fps, played them all. Played one rpg, played all of em. Play one rts, yep all the same. So whats left!? Nothing! People look forward to an fps, but all it is, a copy cat from the doom3 engine. But worse, or better, or even doom3 is boring as **** anyway so dont even bother doing anything like it. No point in playing single-player games either. All the MOORPGs are borked or all mideval(so tired of it). Why is every damned rps medieval? Then they can say "ooo if you want furtirsitic, then player robot wars or whatever dumb **** they come up with next." Then not only that every medieval/fantasy thing is the same, and contain **** poor online people to deal with(who arent nice... at all). Nope, modern is no fun, futursitc is over dramatised like mech bos and weird crap, and miedeval has the junky blue mist magic garbage! Sigh! I want a new theme, something interesting, something that gives you an interesting feel everytime you go in the game.

Well, well.. what attracts me to a game would be many many variables. As in that I want multiplayer(MMO), but with COMPLEX, very COMPLEX character developement and MANY proffesions and MANY skills and DIFFICULT economy and RARE loot and interesting things in the spin. QUEST are LAME! I HATE quest, it makes it soooooooooo linear, and cant venture your own route, and ends up being that pvp is a mimimal factor when they go this route. PvP is VERY important, and so is feel! Anyway, why is the NOTHING i like these days? Its the same ****, over, and over... and OVER... AGAIN AND AGAIN!?!

Been there done that!

/rant off.

/proceed!

EDIT: And to top it! I havent bought a new game in the past 4-6 months!

Call me crazy, but I have never played anything like Half Life 2 before, let alone Far Cry. Guild wars was completely unique, still nothing like it on the MMO list (although it's technically not and MMO) except WoW which I was was a breathrough. Civilization 4 looks pretty diverse as far as strategy games go, and Rome Total War was one of the best games I have ever played.

I think you just have to give it some time and realize that the true revolutionary game's don't come out alot. And when they do, it all boils down to opinion, those who think it really was that good and those who don't.

DarkMortar said:
Its been years, and not many revolutionary ideas in games anymore. Sure you can say there are, but only graphically. I dunno what it is, play one fps, played them all. Played one rpg, played all of em. Play one rts, yep all the same. So whats left!? Nothing! People look forward to an fps, but all it is, a copy cat from the doom3 engine. But worse, or better, or even doom3 is boring as **** anyway so dont even bother doing anything like it. No point in playing single-player games either. All the MOORPGs are borked or all mideval(so tired of it). Why is every damned rps medieval? Then they can say "ooo if you want furtirsitic, then player robot wars or whatever dumb **** they come up with next." Then not only that every medieval/fantasy thing is the same, and contain **** poor online people to deal with(who arent nice... at all). Nope, modern is no fun, futursitc is over dramatised like mech bos and weird crap, and miedeval has the junky blue mist magic garbage! Sigh! I want a new theme, something interesting, something that gives you an interesting feel everytime you go in the game.

Well, well.. what attracts me to a game would be many many variables. As in that I want multiplayer(MMO), but with COMPLEX, very COMPLEX character developement and MANY proffesions and MANY skills and DIFFICULT economy and RARE loot and interesting things in the spin. QUEST are LAME! I HATE quest, it makes it soooooooooo linear, and cant venture your own route, and ends up being that pvp is a mimimal factor when they go this route. PvP is VERY important, and so is feel! Anyway, why is the NOTHING i like these days? Its the same ****, over, and over... and OVER... AGAIN AND AGAIN!?!
it really come down to what you want out of the MMO.

Personally I am not happy about most of the MMO having a fantasy stint to them. Like I was playing Star Wars Galaxies for a long as I could before I finally got sick and tired of SOE screwing around with the system again and again. Currently I am playing World Of Warcraft just purely on the level of support on the game play.

I guess the main reason why I am playing MMORPGs is purely for the social side of things. While i am hacking away at some monster, I am talking with freinds.

People complain about the pay to play on MMO. I don't have a problem with that as I am paying AU$30 for 30 days of game play compaired with the AU$100 for a single player game that i will had done within a 12 hours or so.
I save more money by playing MMO over single player games any day.

LOL, this is exactly why i made this post. I have nothing to play. I was a 2.5 SWG year vet and i am mad, because it WAS my favorite game until the NGE. Now i got notin to play. what professions wer u?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom