Game for the Weekend Alien Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Code Red Alien Arena reminds me a lot of the first Unreal Tournament and Quake 3 Arena games that came out. I think I was addicted to Unreal Tournament in 1999 playing in a high skilled CTF clan for more than a year. It was tremendous fun and we were all pretty disappointed when the successor brought shiny graphics and shitty gameplay to the community. Alien Arena has nice enough graphics for a freeware game but the most important aspect is of course the gameplay. What can I say, it is fun.

You can either try your luck in Deathmatch against bots or play on the internet against real opponents. Everything that made UT and Q3 so popular is included. Fast paced action, different weapons, great levels and a thriving active community which for instance creates new maps.
The game is available for Windows and Linux which is another big plus for me. This is a great game for a freeware production. Hope you all enjoy it.

http://red.planetarena.org/

Don't like it.

There are many free Q3 clones out there, like War§ow or Starsiege: Tribes. If you liked Q3, check them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom