Game Ping

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrnotu

In Runtime
Wondering if it is better to have high ping or low ping playing online. I read on the game forum to play high ping.
But looking at the 'strenght' meter on the ping the higher ping the lower strenth. Mean while the lower ping the higher strenght. Any ideas? Thanks

Yep, the lower the better.
Ping is the time it takes for a packet of information to be sent and received between you and the server. The higher this number is, the more you are "behind" the action, so to speak. Say you're receiving information at a delay of 150ms vs your opponent who is receiving it at 10ms. He'll see you 140ms sooner, which is a pretty big deal in FPS games. RTS games I don't think it'll make as large of a difference, but it can be noticeable.

Wow! Thanks for the info. Low ping it is. Today I was playing with ping around 200 or higher. One was 235. Looking at all the servers ping is unusally high today.

Could be your internet derping on you. Mine does it frequently.

I don't know what derping is unless you reddit.:big_smile: You know Derp and Derpette.

Am having problems watching u-tube. Not loading up like it should. Slow,slow,slow.
Did take the advice of 'office politics' and cleaned out my web sites on adobe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom