Game hardware question

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCmania

Solid State Member
Hi, this is my first post as I am new to this website and forum. I have a Dell 2350, P4 1.8 gigs, 256 MB Ram, Intel Integrated 64 MB video card. I want to uprade the RAM and my video card(PCI slot only). I also have a limited budget. I would prefer to upgrade to 712 RAM and a 128 MB video. Will Dell make this a complicated matter and does anyone have any video card suggestions and RAM card suggestions also? I appreciate your advice very much.

I know that a lot of the parts in the computer are fused in and so on. But still, what are your recommendations for a vid card and ram.

Is the bord dual channel? If it is you could just add another 512MB stick. I don't think it will be hard to change the vid card. I have a dell with a 128MB NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 and it works fine but it wouldn't hurt to get a better one.

but if you see his is PCI, and the compatibility with each other might differ...(pic slot and gfx card)

I did some research on Video cards on newegg.com and I found the PNY Nvidia G-Force FX5200 DDR for about 75$ and it is for PCI. It has also gotton pretty good reviews so I think I'm gonna go for that, but is it necessary for me to upgrade to 512 MB RAM or to the 700s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom