Game Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

AND_YOU_ARE

Fully Optimized
What really bothers me is how site that have game files for download make you register and pay. The game developer should be able to host their own downloads. For example new maps or patches. EAgames and BF2 is an example of this. I can find the latest patch, but they dont carry their own maps they have developed. I am forced to search the internet or pay fileplannet and their over rated service.
Just a gripe of mine.

Granted it does cost money to maintain this server for their files, but as a paying customer of their product I believe I am entitled to this.

Valve and Steam have it right. Some may complain of how they have established ther program, but I believe this is the way to go. It automaticaly updates, provides me of all the downloads. It is a very good method for this situation.

EAgames is large enough to do this, but pc games isnt their main concern, or providing great serivce. So I guess I'll be going back to CSS, and DoDS.

Well the cost to run a dedicated ftp is practically priceless. Just the cost of the machine. I have many ftp servers and there not much to maintain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom