flight sim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played EA flight sims for about 7 years. I now have IL2 forgotten battles. Ubisoft makes EA look like a bowl of mush.
check out IL2 you wont be dissapointed.

IL2, MS Combat and MS Flight Sim are some of the most popular and some of the best ones. Its not a huge game catagorie. They tend to be a little more demanding on a system due to the vast amounts of graphics when flying.

Il-2 is no doubt the best flight sim available. So maybe its like 5 years old but will max graphics on my rig its pretty good. Make sure you get the expansions too cause they added alot of nice planes and also some nice mountain lvls. Atleast get the patches for il-2 so you can get some jets.

MS Fs2004 is preatty great once you get a lot of awsome free addons from a place like avsim.com or such.. or even payware addons like from precisionmanuals.com.

Dynamics of flight are ok, more realistic if you lean toward the payware addons! Graphics are great.

You can also fly multiplayer with ATC using a free software called ASRC (Advanced Simulated Radar Client) for the ATCs on a community like vatsim.com

Be advised, The next version of FS2004 (FSX) is in its final stages and should be released in 4Q '06. Graphics look amazing!

--

Xplane is another option. This has awsome flight dynamics from the start. It was designed by a real pilot initially and is better if you prefer actual flight dynamics then seeing awsome graphics. There is not as big of a selection of addons; however, you can also fly on vatsim! X-plane runs on Linux,Windows,and Mac!

Hope this helps!

Finally found someone who is fan of Flight Simulation. :p

For me Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 is the best for me and everytime there is new version coming from Microsoft FS, I like it. It's kinda boring when using the default aircrafts and scenery but thanks to the sites which provides add-ons, that made my flight simulation more realistic.

For me, it's more hard for me to play it with joystick rather than keyboard. Well maybe I get used to it because I play FS since Win95 versions. It took me 2 years to master perfect landing for Cessna and another for the large airliners landing. :p And by using keyboard only on the numpad. ^_^

Oh yes FS X is coming and excited to grab it :p

FS 2004 is pretty realistic when it comes to simulations on a PC. But it comes nowhere near the real thing. I'm busy with my commercial pilot's license, and even with a force-feedback joystick, it just can't match real-world flying. I suppose it has everything to do with the lack of other feedback......things like G-forces and a proper outside view. But the aircraft perform pretty realistically. It's great for practising real-world manouvers, even though the ATC-function is nothing like in the real world. But then again, I don't fly in the US, and as such have no idea how your ATC works.....

I cant wait for the new FS: X to come out either!

MS FS is where it's at. if you crash and nothing happens it's because you don't have crashes turned on. you can up the realism, simulate failures, engine problems, etc., create flight plans, follow check-lists, fly ANYWHERE! not to mention the extensive world of add-ons of scenery, planes, flights, textures, etc.

flight dynamics are realistic and the graphics are good if you have the system to put the settings at max.

FALCON 4.0 -

Very realistic and very difficult (just because of the realism involved.) The manual is 729 pages long if that gives you an idea of the "depth" of the game.

The drawback is that you can only fly the F-16.

Pretty low system requirements.

Wow, this thread started a year and a half ago. :freak:

I loved MS FS. We have it for our old PII gateway and i remember playing that game for hours on end. Now im actually flying the real planes though. :D

hercules_upw said:
FALCON 4.0 -

Very realistic and very difficult (just because of the realism involved.) The manual is 729 pages long if that gives you an idea of the "depth" of the game.

The drawback is that you can only fly the F-16.

Pretty low system requirements.

i immediately regretted buying that game..... realism is nice, but to have to study a manual and memorize a thousand different things just to get in the air and shoot someone is not my cup of tea.

The Lock-On series are pretty good combat sims

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom