FEAR review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have finished neither Quake 4 or F.E.A.R. (SP) yet, but both are equally incredible so far, in different ways. Couldn't possibly say which one is 'better'.

The only bad thing about F.E.A.R. in my book is that it's horribly optomised - just like the demo(s). I've so far seen some very weird performance issues on my setup, using various vid card drivers... Once nVidia & ATI's driver crews implement proper support for the game and Monolith release a 1.02 patch, we should be flying.

Installed and played quake earlier today...no competetion next to fear...even graphics IMO are better in fear simply because of all the explosions and fighting

gaara said:
even graphics IMO are better in fear simply because of all the explosions and fighting

While F.E.A.R. may overall be more graphically impressive (higher poly count, nicer looking shaders/materials here and there, better particle/emitter system etc), Quake 4 has an architectural, allbeit heavily Sci-Fi, beauty that is unsurpassed imho. A lot of the environments in F.E.A.R. look lifeless and bland - often deliberately so, mind, with a purpose - in comparison to the Stoggified high-tech industrial/organic landscapes of Q4, paying real homage to it's predessesor, Quake 2.

Quake 4 has an architectural, allbeit heavily Sci-Fi, beauty that is unsurpassed imho.
MEH, yeah it was done already in doom3....quake is just repetative and is something I've seen before but not quite as dark as doom...I really am not impressed with it at all.

I wish they would have released this in the summer, so I could stay up until the wee hours of the morning playing it.

I rarely play games on week days now, and I am getting even more busy for gaming on the weekends :(

Okay ive tried to look but could find the answer...
ive got:

HP 3200+ AMD 64 anthlon proc
1gb pc3200 ddr sdram
200 gb HD
intergrated SiS Mirage2 Graphics W/ 128MB shared Mem.
*Proc speed 2.20 ghz, 512 kb L2 cache, 1600mhz system bus

what would i need to do to my comp to lpay this game like you guys play it, i know prob a graphics card but there so expensive. any ideas for Graphics cards and prices...thanks

The 6800GT plays all those games exceptionally well. I was amazed at how smooth FEAR was at 1280x1024 when I got my 6800GT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom