System Specs:
3200+ 2.8GHz
DFI nf4-D
6800GT 430/1200
1GB Rev2 TCC5 280MHz 3-4-4-8 3v

2x AA 6x AF high settings w/ soft shadows
1024x768
40-80FPS Average

After finishing playing single player fear I've gotten an opinion on the overall quality of the game...it was pretty good

I liked how it kept me interested, the gameplay was really interesting with explosions and firefights happening all over the place...it wasn't repetive at all

However, it was REALLY short, for the time it was delayed I was expecting a really fun play but it was too easy and it only gave about 10 hours of play time I'd say...multiplayer doesn't really amuse me much either

Also, the engine right now is garbage...the graphics are not really much better than the Source engine although because there's so much crap with particles happening everywhere it kills your performance...the game just isn't optimized well

I'm guessing that multithreaded games as well as other advances such as upcoming PPUs and larger memory amounts and bandwidth will start really optimizing these games...and more graphically enhanced games than FEAR will really thrive on them...the game is still pretty good though

8/10

wow, the people at gamespot must be on crack because they say that even with a GTX you should turn off soft shadows or it will kill your performance.

Have you played Quake 4 yet? If you have, which game's single player is better do you think?

The engine is really laggy...I have to shut off pretty much everything else before I go to play fear or else I have to lower settings...I also upgraded nvidia drivers a while ago which improved performance from the demo

I haven't installed quake yet but based on what I've heard and from previous quake games I think fear is better

I've played quake as of yesterday.

FEAR completely destroys Quake4 in terms of 'funner' single player game play experience.

Quake4 is practically identicly to doom3 IMO...yes I realize it's made by ID, but that doesn't mean they should be so freakin alike like they are. Quake4 isn't that demanding though...so it has a fairly good engine (as far as an nvidia card is concerned) however, the halls and models of buildings look just like doom, I swear they use the same damn weapon sounds and door sounds and crap like that, soooo it just bugs the hell out of me...graphics are decent, but I'd rather take massive particle count and blood from fear than the BS in quake

How did you guys get your hands on these games? Beta testers? I'm eagerly awaiting Quake 4.

Edit: oh, n/m Quake is out! What about Fear though?

Don't know, nor do I care since I'm not left handed :p

I haven't checked, but I'm about to go play it right now so if I remember to come back to this thread I'll let you know if theres an option in there, but I'm PRETTY sure there isn't one, as I always go through all the options before I even start a game.

nope, no left handed that I saw.

Just got to a part where you control a turret in the ceiling and you BLAST a bunch of the bad guys...it's awesome...I replayed it probably 10 times in a row lol

I just finished the demo, and boy do I need a new video card. I'm definitely gonna buy this game once I get my system up to par. I love how creepy it is, with the little girl at the end of a dark hallway and at the ladder.... that part was genius.

/spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom