Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridlyn

Fully Optimized
I'm going to buy one of these tomorrow, but i still dont know what one to get what do u guys recommend and why?

hmm tough choice for FEAR and CoD2....quake...MEH, it's not even in the equation for me, but then again I don't know what kind of games you like.

FEAR is pretty unique considering both CoD and Quake are just revamped games you've probably already played.

Quake is just boring and repetative for me, I've always liked Call of duty though and the 2nd one is awesome. So much more going on and the scenery looks good

FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR FEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its sort of short, but rediculously good!!!!!

it's not 'sort of' short, it IS short lol...especially once you go through just cheats, god mode and blasting through, you realize how really short the levels actually are.

The atmosphere is all that game is supposed to be about....its not supposed to be a super-long fragfest. If you want that, play Quake 4.

yeah but unless you're a die hard fan of quake it's a boring fragfest that can't hold your attention like doom3.

The game seems longer because they bet on you using slow-mo a lot and going at it like 'SWAT style' creeping around corners and crap not just blasting your way through...buuuuuuuut they could easily make a FEAR 2 the way it ends, so they could be just testing the water here

Quake 4 > F.E.A.R.. Both are incredible games, but Q4 just has the edge for me.

Us lot in the UK/Europe won't get CoD2 'till next week, so I can't comment on that one yet.

Heyyo,

I'd say F.E.A.R. is better. Quake 4 had pretty good SP, but MP for me is a downgrade. I mean, Q3A has one of the smartest MP bots of all time... how can Quake 4 be an upgrade when it has none? I mean, the least Raven could've done was port the Q3A bot to Q4 like valve at least did for CSCZ and CSS... and the official CS bot sucks compared to the Q3A bot, especially the revamped Q3TA bot.

Now, FEAR also lacks a MP bot.. which's ghey cause it has a pretty smart SP bot, then again that bot was built for campaign realisim and not a huge fragfest. To me FPS have been de-evolving a bit.. gameplay is sacrificed for graphics, coop is now a rarity, and MP bots are optional on the verge of rarity. Just great. Anywho, FEAR's MP is pretty fun, feels a lot like the campaign cause the graphics are still fancy as heck, and everyone dies after a few bullet hits, so encounters usually are over after 1-6 seconds. I havn't played CTF, but I'm sure you'll definately have to work as a team if you don't wanna die all the time trying to get the flag solo.

Btw, I found Serious Sam 2 better than Quake 4.. yet again though, gameplay sacrificed for graphics as the campaign's very good but short, and the netcode's worse than SS1's netcode (actually, it's hideous compared to SS1), and now SS2 only has coop, there's no deathmatch it seems. I guess the budget was spent polishing the campaign and the engine, but overlooked some parts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom