• something!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I have a bit of problem right now.

One half of my gaming freinds that I know in real life are playing EverQuest 2, and the other half of my freinds are playing Worlds Of War Craft.

And I would like to try some thing different from Star Wars Galaxies over my christmas break.

Help me diside which one I should go for?

What are some of the pros and cons for these 2 games?

BTW, I do prefer better game play over graphics.

IM kind of parial to blizzard games just because i have played alot of them and they are very addicting and well made. However i havent played either of those, but i would stick with blizzard. THey Rock/

blizzard is the microsoft in gaming. think about all the games that came out

Starcraft series, Warcraft series, diablo series. all of them were hits and none complained about any of them.

i vote, non of the above.

I play(ed) EQ 1 for 5 years, since its launch. I played SWG since its launch. I started EQ 2, and WoW.

Imo, i say stick with SWG, because of the changes that will be coming up.

EQ 2 - Boring, its all group dependant. Would rather be playing EQ 1, which is why i cancelled my EQ 2 account.

WoW- Just boring imo. You HAVE to do quest, more than you do in EQ 2. To lvl, you HAVE to do long, boring quests. Personally, im not into that sort of stuff.

So, ive gone back to SWG, i use to be a PvP powerhouse, but i deleted my character and starting a crafter/squad leader to help guild.

I havent played EQ2 but Blizzard made a good game with WoW. You can lvl w/o quests. I lvl mainly just from killing. But do quests on the side to keep up with some storyline.
But what it really comes down to is prefrence really. Because I cannot convince anyone on what I like and why.

Guild Wars, WoW blows compared to it.. the graphics are better, gameplay is better, storyline, spells, items, etc... this game was created to beat WoW, and they did that... I suggest you look at www.guildwars.com before making a choice.. this game is hot! It's what brought me back to rpg games hehe

In the end, i have gone at purchased a copy of WoW.
I am still playing SWG.

One of the key reason why i choose WoW over EQ2 was that i did not like the partying in EQ2. All members must be within 5 levels of each other. Which means you need to keep up to date with every one else in the guild.

So for any one that is wanting some help in WoW, I am on the Mamoroth Server. My character's name is Aedia. Or talk to any one in the swords and staves guild.

If you go to www.gamerankings.com , you'll see that WoW received consistantly higher marks.

I don't understand why. I've read reviews for both and found that EQ2 get's slighted on almost every one. They praise WoW for ingenuity with quests, quest journals, no death penalty, being able to pick up and get into some action for only 30 minutes if you want.

EQ2 also has the almost exact same types of quest journal, yet it is discredited in the reviews for being unoriginal?? I don't get it. They are also ragged for a remake on their penalty for dying. Instead of 1 person getting the sole penalty, if you're in a group it is split among the group. This is a great idea. Why should the tank always picking up the death penalty tab while everyone else runs? This forces the group to work as a team and not say- as Cartman puts it, "Screw you guys- I'm going home!" Yet, again they are trashed because you'd get penalty if you didn't die.

You NEED death penalty.

You NEED group XP grinds. Why is that a bad thing? It's fun when you get a successful group together- So make friends and relationships.

Without these things, you'll get a game full of ADD people talking trash and making the game shallow. IMO, WoW caters to these types... the type who needs to log in for a short time to get their fix to kill something. The same people who loved Diablo. This isn't the kind of game I want to be immersed with. I want a game where I can be lost in the world- where I can find a small band of people and work to gain exp by killing things much greater than me.

EQ2 is not a solo game, but very heavy in group dependency. IMO, this is the heart of RPG's. All the great games, books, and movies focused on a **group** of fighters- Lord of the Rings, Baldor's Gate, etc...). I just want to simulate those things.

Sorry if I sound like I'm venting, but I kinda am, hehe. EQ2 is the most beautiful game I've played. It keeps my attention and gaining XP is not difficult. Leveling goes quickly and is not a chore. The people who hate this game usually solo frequently. Join a group. If you can't find one, create a group. There is ALWAYS someone who is LFG in the zone. Grow a set, show some leadership, and start a group.

-L-

Laecia said:
If you go to www.gamerankings.com , you'll see that WoW received consistantly higher marks.
Dude, I don't need another site to tell me this. My sister and her BF plays this game, and i can not say I have been impressed with it thus far.

Laecia said:
They praise WoW for ingenuity with quests, quest journals, no death penalty,

DEATH PENALTY...... yeah right. My armour still goes down.
If I get killed twice in a short period of time, I might have to wait a few minutes before I can resurect.
and finally, resurection sickeness (which also greatly reduces your armour.)

They are wrong there.

Laecia said:
EQ2 is not a solo game, but very heavy in group dependency. IMO, this is the heart of RPG's. All the great games, books, and movies focused on a **group** of fighters- Lord of the Rings, Baldor's Gate, etc...). I just want to simulate those things.
One thing thar EQ2 expect you to have is NO LIFE apart from EQ2. I contant hear the complaint about how they need to keep within 5 levels of the other players or they can not party up.

There are some people that actually do have a real life out there. Eg. Myself how has only managed to clock out about 4 hours of WoW as I have been having a busy week this week at work.

When i comes down to MMOLRPGs, i like to go at my own pase, and not as the pass of others.

LFG is one thing, having a regulare group of players is another.

The other problem that i have heard is some of the unpredictable server resets that I have been happening.

Besides I made my choice. WoW for me. :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They praise WoW for ingenuity with quests, quest journals, no death penalty,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DEATH PENALTY...... yeah right. My armour still goes down.
If I get killed twice in a short period of time, I might have to wait a few minutes before I can resurect.
and finally, resurection sickeness (which also greatly reduces your armour.)

They are wrong there.

Death Penalty, as in receiving an XP hit. In both EQ2 and WoW your armor goes down. In EQ2 you get xp hit, armor hit, rez sickness, and if you are not revived by a player, you have a stat
hit until you recover your 'shard'. The only penalty WoW gives is
really you have to wait a few minutes.

One thing thar EQ2 expect you to have is NO LIFE apart from EQ2. I contant hear the complaint about how they need to keep within 5 levels of the other players or they can not party up.

There are some people that actually do have a real life out there.

Hehe, what a stereotype. FYI, people typically find other people who are alike. My regular group of players do not play for hours a day.. we don't even play daily. EQ2 does not expect you to have no life- it's powergamers who think that. Those expectations are brought by them on EVERY game.

If your group is similar to yourself in playing time, you will stay within 5 levels of each other. If not, you find other people who are. What's the big deal?

You're expected to go at your own pace. With hundreds of people around you, it's easy to find others who are going the same pace as you.

**I've been playing for over a month, and besides the daily maintenance, my server's only dropped once. It's not a problem.

My point here is not to dump on WoW or praise EQ2, but to state that EQ2 is getting very poor media. They are two different games that focus on two different playing styles. WoW is focused on creating individual excitement, and EQ2 is focused on creating group fulfillment. And it seems there is an agenda against EQ2 because it's group focused. That's a plus in my column.

-L-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom