Empire: Total War Demo Today !

Status
Not open for further replies.
90kb for me now. Me thinks they added another server or something.

I dont think it's p2p, just direct download.

still... they need to add more servers.. i think they anticipated the demand wrong.

edit:

It's all over the place, from 50 to 160..

130-150kb/sec It was originally going at 300kb/s when I first started dling but then I left my for a couple of hours and it went into powersaving mode and shut off the dl. I am at 60% after 2 and a half hours

Done, played, absolutely rubbish.

Nooo not really :D

AWESOME ! I thought it was great, it's slower than the old TW games, the guns arn't as powerful as i'd hoped (40men all fire and maybe kill 3 or 4 of whatever there shooting at, 10 second or so reload) but apart from that it's great, i skipped the Sea warfare tutorial and just went straight into battle, it's more complicated than i thought and i got owned :D

But yeh, it's really good.

Just had another land battle, that was great ! i won this time, lost first time.

This time i went the long way round, light cavalry leading the way - they mashed up and frightened the first line of advancing enemy troops to the point were they ran back. then i pulled them back and did 3 very wide lines of light troops w/e there called firing at the enemies front line, I attacked just when the AI started moving it's troops around so they were all in bad positions (side on to me etc), then when one unit was weakened alot id send them in to melee one unit of enemy, i could then use the rest of my troops to gang up on the last front line unit. Once my first line of attack was diminished they were backed up several seconds later by some stronger troops who caused havoc especially as the enemies morale was now so low. Mean while i had my remaining cavalry flank and take out the vulnerable artillery, i then pushed my own artillery forwards and started firing at the enemies reserve troops, once they were weekend i sent in my final push of my units. And came out with what i would say was a good, but not easy, victory !

Not bad considering the British were 300units down to the enemy AI, with no tactics you WILL lose.

I'm sure that made no sense but i got very carried away, man that was awesome :D:D:D

edit:

I'm still grinning :eek: that was an epic 45minutes. And i loved every minute... not had this much fun on a game in a long, long, time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom