DOOM 3 too slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonical

Beta member
Please help...

A friend of mine and I have exactly the same laptop PCs.
COMPAQ Evo N800v
P4 2.0GigHz WinXP with Radion7500 graphics card and 512 meg RAM

We both got DOOM 3 and it installed and the problem is that my copy runs really sloppy and slow. I cant even use the mouse as the game is too slow. On my mate's PC it runs really well, fast and crisp even at 600x800 on high quality. Even when I run the game on the lowest settings its still too slow, Yes, I've reinstalled and updated all my drivers and all other apps are running great on my laptop. Is this another compaq/HP crap product issue or can someone please help me fix this problem?

thanks

Al

check for spyware or adware on your laptop that may be causing excess usage of your cpu and close other non essential processes while playing. also remember that laptops arent exactly meant for gaming desktops are much better for that.

Comp sounds too slow man. Radeon 7500? I think your card is too slow too. Games + laptops are gnerally not a great mix, especially brand new resource hungry games like Doom 3.

Total Immortal said:
Comp sounds too slow man. Radeon 7500? I think your card is too slow too. Games + laptops are gnerally not a great mix, especially brand new resource hungry games like Doom 3.

They are fine for games unless you want really good performance.

Doom 3 can also run on a GeForce MX 440 but I dont know what the equivalent is in terms of ATi....

GameGURU said:
They are fine for games unless you want really good performance.

Doom 3 can also run on a GeForce MX 440 but I dont know what the equivalent is in terms of ATi....

Have you tried with Doom 3 man? My friends XP2600 with a decent vid card has a little trouble rendering it. I wouldn't even want to try it on most of those 64 or 128 meg cards that come in laptops.. Doom3 is just too resource thirsty.

Turn everything down says PC Gamer who reveiwed first. And its fine. They even tested it.

I've looked everywhere to see if something is running aberantly on the system. In terms of windows and running other processor intense programs, my laptop is fine. The major issue is that my friend's identical laptop is running DOOM 3 really well...and mine isnt...and I cant afford to upgrade my old desktop 1.5 gig P4 at home which runs ok until 3 harpies start attacking...

there must be someway to 'tweak' or fix up this problem

thanks

no, my friend has not modded his laptop. He has dropped it and cracked the case though...mine is prestine. Although we both had significant problems with the motherboard and they had to be sent back to compaq/HP to be repaired...but they are identical other than that.

Im running out of ideas.

I reinstalled DOOM 3, three times, changed my direct X versions, defragged my hard disk, rolled back my drivers, reinstalled my drivers, ran the pc in basic mode...but when I load DOOM it runs like like mollassus in the snow...

common all you hardcore gaming junkies!!! someone out there must know something...

cheers

The last thing i can think of is dump windows and put it back on again. Although this is a risk especially if you have alot of stuff. Make backups and then reformat. The risk is, is that it isnt garunteed to work. Im sorry bud thats what i would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom