doom 3 fps limiter

Status
Not open for further replies.
physics in games

From what I understand, whenthe algorithms of physics and programming in games are built around fram rate, when it goes opast a certain point things start to become diffferent then intended. That is all I know. like in quake 3, if you have higher fps you cna make more jumps and longer ones then below that point. but i could be wrong...

rmNurse10, actually most LCDs refresh rates are locked at 60Kz so even if you are going faster your monitor is only showing 60 fps. But some LCD and CRT monitors have 75Kz or 85KZ. Even though the human eye can see faster then 60fps your brain won't recognize any difference by anything over 60 or 70 fps. And if you called 60 fps choppy then your eyesight must be stuttering or something because you have serious problems.

well i can see the difference between a 85 hz and 100 hz refresh rates in a (19") crt, the 85 one flickers a bit, 100hz looks totally "solid" to me. and 60 hz hurtz my (and most of other ppl, i believe) eyes like hell. as hz is basically the same as fps, i claim the deisred fps in games oughta be 100+.

rmNurse10 said:
I played Painkiller and doom 3 seriously and competitivly and it is hard to switch form one to the other because PK is ran at 125 fps and doom 3 is 60 (if you can even maintain that!) and PK is like pudding its so smooth and doom 3 is choppy in comparison just because of the fps.

Doom 3 is choppy at 60 fps? It is silky smooth at that framerate for me. Try turning on "smooth mouse"...it makes a difference in Doom 3.

i've noticed it also depends on the game. some games run smoother at same fps than some others...and yeah usually like 50-60 fps look smooth enough, but there are certain moments when u can spot the small choppiness, like when ur turning really fast next to the big detailed objects or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom