Do we have any racing fans here ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I am a massive Forza 3 and Gran Turismo fan, so will soon be purchasing the Logitech G25 racing wheel to use with the games, but they're not out for a few months yet. So in that time, i need some reccomendations of semi-realistic racing games for the PC. Or ones that are just fun to play with. It's a large gap in my knowledge of games :p I don't really know any racing games..

GTR evolution is a very good racing sim. GRID looks semi-nice but it is not very realistic at all and the steering wheel support sucks.

Thanks i'll try it.

Despite my love for Gran Turismo, i never tried Gran Turismo HD Concept for PS3 because it didnt have much content. But i decided just to try it now.. and WTF is up with it !?

In a nissan skyline apparently you can't accelerate whilsts turning and you actually slow down the further you progress round the bend, and then it finally lets you accelerate again when you straighten up - and 30mph looks like 5pm as you crewl powerless around corners !

What da blah ! :confused:

edit:

Noticed GTR Evolution is made by the same people Race 07 is. And i hate race 07....
Well, i'm downloading the demo now so i hope to heck it's quite different.

Thanks i'll try it.

Despite my love for Gran Turismo, i never tried Gran Turismo HD Concept for PS3 because it didnt have much content. But i decided just to try it now.. and WTF is up with it !?

In a nissan skyline apparently you can't accelerate whilsts turning and you actually slow down the further you progress round the bend, and then it finally lets you accelerate again when you straighten up - and 30mph looks like 5pm as you crewl powerless around corners !

What da blah ! :confused:

edit:

Noticed GTR Evolution is made by the same people Race 07 is. And i hate race 07....
Well, i'm downloading the demo now so i hope to heck it's quite different.

well the thing about the GTR series is that they are racing SIMS, meaning that they are about as realistic as possible. i have never played the grand turismo games, cause i aint got no piece of s**t 3 (PS3) :laughing:

I know they're realistic. I love realistic driving sims. I just didn't like Race 07 for some reason i'm not to sure. Just hated it.

Anyhow, how did you figure out the PS3 is a peice o' rubbish.

It's nice to be able to just push a disc into a console once ina while and it play perfectly rather then spending my life fixing and making sure pc games work rather than playing them.

dont take it the wrong way dude, just joking :D it's not a bad console. i guess i am just used to arguing with my friend about how his PS3 is NOT better than a PC at gaming.

but, uh i dont spend my life fixing and making sure PC games work rather than playing them. with my "mediocore" rig (in sig) i can just pop a disc in (any game) and install it and have the confidence that i can easily max it out and still get good FPS, while it looking way better than a console could ever look.

also, have you played the Need for Speed series? not much of a racing sim, but still fun to run from the cops in it :)

I guess i was being a bit OTT about fixing games so much :p

However, i will not back down on the fact that some PC games, especially on Windows 7, love to crash at the most awkward of times :mad:

that's why it's called a beta :)

the only game that i have seen crash on win 7 is crysis. and that is most likely due to the extreme crap ton of mods i have on it :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom