Direct X10 Killed my card (RIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hussein19891

Biostar Stole my heart
Direct X10 is KILLING my crappy 8600GT w/512mb gddr2. Like honestly, I started Crysis and the temperature rose up to 90degrees Celsius in seconds. Is there any way I can use Direct X9 instead? Because I will be looking forward to getting a new video card soon. But at the moment I just don't have the money for it.

So is it possible to play my games on Direct X9 any more or what? This only started occurring after I recently upgraded to Windows Vista Ultimate. Before then Vista Home Basic would ask me which I would want to start the game in.

right click on crysis and click launch dx9

It will stress your card just as much as dx10 will though, that's just how Crysis is :p

also 90c is fine, get a fan blowing on it if you are concerned though.

I used to be running the 8600GT 256MB version, and I found I could play it on high-medium settings pretty well (up to the end, when even on low it lagged).
If you want a nice, not major, increase in performance, then dual boot XP and play crysis on that. Worked wonders for me.

I used to be running the 8600GT 256MB version, and I found I could play it on high-medium settings pretty well (up to the end, when even on low it lagged).
If you want a nice, not major, increase in performance, then dual boot XP and play crysis on that. Worked wonders for me.

How do I dual boot then? Cause Vista is **** on wheels when it comes to gaming.

XP would make my comp run like 10 times faster compared to Ultimate. Its not that Ultimate is bad but it needs a pretty nice computer to actually enjoy it and my computers just average.

First (obviously) you need a copy of xp.
Then create a partition for xp, separate from the vista partition.
Install xp onto your new partition, and that's basically all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom