Dial up Gaming, One Big -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
dialup is perfectly fine for most online gaming, strange ppl think otherwise :D
of course...I would say this is about it for 56k...after this year noone seems to want to optimize their code so you'll have massive amounts of data back and forth for no reason

mmo's are ok with 56k...shooters not so much. But it wasn't bad during the days of quake even up to II I believe.

mmos I played with dialup

asheron's call
lineage II
almost all the gpotato ones :D
silkroad
city of heroes
9 dragons
2 moons
corum

of course the occasional spikes typically mean the death of many a 56k gamer :p

I couldn't really play the new game Tabula Rasa...that was lag heaven

Try some setting changes and possibly a different modem luke, should get in the 40ks, 30ks minimum, I Get 45.2kbps, 44k or 46k sometimes out of the blue.

no i live in northern ontario and only dial up and sateliteare availible (sat is really exspensive and not worth it here) in about a year though i will prob be moving to where there is hig speed internet because my parents are getting devourced.

I used to TRY to play Soldier of Fortune on dial up about 6 years ago....the game would end...and five minutes later I would find out that the game had ended. I think my best score was 1-3040405054. Now with my Cable I usually go 40k-9d, or somewhere around there in CS:S pubs. Better in noob games...like CoD4. Needless to say, I love my cable.

Back when I thought I could actually game on dial up I played Battleground Europe.

My average connection speed was 26.6kbps and It ran alright, but for some reason I never killed anyone. :p

O those days p***ed me off so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom