CS serial needed (no spam :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMajor

PowerQuest / Opera
I recently bought a copy of Counter-Strike Anthology. (CS1 + Condition Zero).

I installed the game and made a steam account, but it says the CD-KEY is in use by another account. I can't turn the game back to the store, so I would like to know, what are my possibilities?

It is legal to buy a steam account from another user, right? But there is probably not many users that only have CS1 Anthology registered to their steam account.

Do you think I could send a copy of my receipt and a copy of the CD-KEY to Valve and get a new key?

Over here you can return sofware within 24 hours only. And the store I bought it is 200 miles from me, lol.

The link posted above looks promising. Thanks!

I submitted a request to move the CD-Key to my account, and included a scanned image of the CD-Key and the receipt.

Long time ago I played CS.

baronvongogo said:
Well lets hope the system works If it doesn't post back here ,its always nice to be informed if a problem like this happens so i can store it in my huge bulbous brain.

I hope it will. I rarely spend money on a game, and now I do, and it doesn't work. Lol.

Btw, I have a question about steam. Is it true that you can download all Valve games using Steam, and buy the CD-Key seperately?

Yes it certainly seems that way, just went onto the steam website checked the purchase area and looks like you can just download the games.

So far the only things Iv downloaded over steam are red orchestra ostfront and half life 2 episode 1.

I like steam even if some don't, if i format my pc all i do is install steam and it gladly re downloads everything i once had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom