Crysis vs Far Cry 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, fallout 3 isn't as action oriented as far cry 2 is. It's just way more in depth.
Farcry2 is a cross between GTA and first person shooter. Obviously heavier on the FPS part.
You can't even go so far as destroy some crates in FC2. So as far as physics, it only trumps crysis in the tree branches, fire, and dynamic weather. Which is pretty significant when you think about it (well fire and weather)... but i'd definitely trade the tree branches just to watch stuff blow up and fall apart.
To ME it makes a big difference in replayability, because the amount of time I spend just running around and blowing things up to watch them fly apart is significant.
I do agree that the open world is nice.

meh. I guess all that is moot, because as of right now, physics or not.. I still play DC2 more than warhead hahaha.

Deciding whether or not FC2 and FO3 are comparable games is rather arbitrary. Here's how I do think they are comparable (and why FO3 is superior):

In my opinion, even though Fallout 3 has a larger emphasis on RPG than FC2 does, the FPS element in Fallout 3 still trumps FC2 - at least in FO3 you can sneak up on your enemies in a manageable way and use obstacles to hide properly, even after you've been spotted - you can lose your enemies and re-engage them when they put their guard down. In FC2 they start firing like crazy once they see even one pixel of you and they spawn random vehicles to chase you for miles (regardless whether you're on foot or in a car), and they somehow know where you always are no matter where you hide.. they'll shoot directly at you through several thick bushes.. that just simply doesn't make sense to me

and from the RPG side, well, FO3 is just overwhelmingly more in-depth, because it is predominantly an RPG.. with FC2 I find it rather absurd that you have to do missions for the arms dealer to unlock weapons, and each mission is identical..

yeah i understand, and do agree with most of what you said. I laugh when enemies are tryign to shoot me through walls and fences when they cant see me, but somehow have perfect aim no matter where I move. 'cause you can see the sparks and stuff clipping through the object.

The point I was making was fallout 3 is so much slower in terms of actual gameplay. you can walk around for ages without even running into things.
I don't know where I was goin with that. I guess it is a fair comparrison.
Talk to people, get quest, do quest, talk to people. repeat.
they've got the same structure. so yeah nevermind.

I think the comparison that is bugging me is that FC2 has the Farcry name and is nothing like the first game. Crytek is a far better developer than the goons at Ubi and they produce much better products. I have played so many Ubisoft games that had extreme flaws in development. I agree with Merk, that these flaws can't be fixed as they are logical errors in developement and would require a comlete rewrite. That being said, I still think FC2 has some amazing aspects and given another 6 months in development and more testing they could have had a real winner that could not be contested. The graphics are pretty good IMO and the effects in the game are great. The AI is bone dry and that is a huge issue, but doesn't make me not want to play it.

Fallout 3 looks to be a very very cool game (I'm only still escaping the vault), but stuff like VATS and the whole RPG the feel and story is great thus far. The 3rd person animation is pretty dull, but it really isn't a 3rd person game. I love the way they incorporated some Bioshock-ish art direction into the game...very cool.

How many people have completed farcry 2?

I thought the ending sucked? Two choices both end up dead.

And wth was that crap with all your old buddies trying to wack you?!

Not yet but thanks for spoling it for me ;)

Im only 15% or so in with 13 hours game time roughly last time I checked. Its lasting me a long time which I like, but only because Im doing all the side missions and exploration.

Quick question, does the game end after the final main mission or can you just finish that mission and carry on with the side quests/exploration after?

obviously not if you die lol... think about it, i havent made it that far either but not to mad ste spoield it but my guesse to why your uddies try to kill you is they probably dont wana end up out of work.

I prefer FC2 to crysis simply because it runs much better on my system. In terms of graphics, FC2 is no slouch; I like the way the African environment is rendered, especially the foliage and the lighting effects. No bugs of any sort for me so far, and the game is very stable.

Crysis began to suck in a major way from the Alien level onwards. The VTOL flight level was one of the buggiest in any game I've played. The AI wasn't too good either.

Where FC2 really, really sucks is in the AI department. Worst AI of any FPS game in recent memory.:rolleyes:

Neither of these games have much of a replay value for me once they are finished. The stupid AI just kills the fun.

I'll buy FO3 soon after I finish FC2. If it's anything like Oblivion, it'll become my favorite game in no time.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom