Crysis sales in crisis; UT3 gets fragged too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soon PC games will be a thing of the past. People just don't like buying new hardware to run these games. People will spend 300 -500 dollars every few years on a new console to run the new games. They are not going to spend 2,000 - 3,000 on a computer every 4 or 5 years. Look in the game stores now. It's 95% console. It just seems to be getting worst every year. Soon all we'll be able to play is online games or console. I don't know who to blame; Bill Gates I guess. He's to blame for everything that goes wrong in the PC world isn't he? **** it why couldn't I have been born his son!

Yeah I heard Gamestop is going to stop selling pc games in store in a year or 2. thats just homo...

My biggest gripe with Crytek is their blatant unwillingness to make a game scale to average hardware. When I first tried to play Far Cry I had to turn the settings down and it made the game unplayable. The sand and water would not render. Which is fine or about the first minute of the game. Until you get out of that stupid tunnel and actually get into the game itself.

Even then when I got a system that could play it I wasn't a big fan of the game. Waste of money.

Now, my system won't run Crysis because I have an antique video card. (nVidia 5300, which oddly enough claims to be Dx9, but is not) Crysis looks visually stunning. But, if the gameplay is anything like that in Far Cry then I'll pass, thank you. Not to mention the frustration in their hardware elitist practices.

And my system runs Doom III, HL-2, etc. without a problem. (Dual core 3 ghz, 2 gig ram)

I'm not sure tech specs have much to do with it, and maybe too early to tell? Didn't Oblivion sell well, and doesn't it still to this day bog down most machines? Granted it's far from an optimized game engine. ;)

Although Crysis and UT3 have pretty heavy hardware requirements that is only a small factor for their lack of sales.

The biggest factor in their lack of sales and the lack of sales in many other games boils down to three words.

"THE ORANGE BOX"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom