CPU usage problem when playing games

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonehelm

Daemon Poster
Hi guys my CPU usage is at 20-40% when im playing CS 1.6..im getting low framerates because of that...and when im playing quake 3 the usage is at 99%...so everything has a delay to it, and i can only get like 30 fps.

its definitely not my PC because I have a only 2 year old PC with more than enough power to run those games..and I doubt its spyware/viruses because i scanned my drives with spybot S&D, spyware sweeper, AVG anti-virus, and many more..nothing was found..I don't really get why its using up so much CPU power.I have also tried installling new graphic drivers/direct X 9.0c but nothing changed.

will reformatting/reinstalling windows help? Or what should I do? thanks for helping :)

BennyV04988 said:
2 years old = nothing.... give us real information

I agree with you there.

Another thing to consider is how bloated the Registry is by now. If you, like many others here, install and uninstall programs quite often, your registry gets bigger and bigger over time.

This means that when Windows wants to perform any task, it has to search through more of the registry to find what it is looking for.

A reformat will definitely clear up a bloated reg, but you should make sure that there is no other issues before going ahead with it.

Alright thanks for the help elbatop

here are the specs: (don't laugh, its pathetic)

amd sepron 2600+ oc'd to 1.8ghz
512mb pc2700 ram
ati radeon 9550 128mb

i doubt its my specs since the games were working fine before I reinstalled windows a couple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom