counter strike 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling this cs2 you guys are talking about is Counterstrike Online made from an asian developer with valve.
It's basically cz with only DM

p.s
css if fine. there is no 'hurrendus' hit box problem.

there WAS a lag issue with hitboxes at the early stages of the game, now it is for the most part fixed. I'm not going to go into detail, but the way to game is made to reduce lag is what caused the first "hitbox scare"

basically..
1111111111111111111111 1= you moving in 1.6

now with improved graphics, and other things; to reduce lag they made it where;
10101010101010101 1= you moving 0= Your estimated spot made by the server

its long to explain, and im on a laptop with a dirty keyboard... just try to make some sense into it.

in every game i play i set the max fps for 60 w/ vsync, because well my monitor, as well as most out there, can only show 60 fps. so i hope u guys have fun with 100+ fps because it really doesnt mean anything when ur monitor can only show 60.

unless your benching

yep ^_^

i just ran the CS bench for fun and averaged 256 lol
i always throw vsync on too.

i mean think about it. all you guys saying you need 100+ fps. Your monitor only refreshes the image 60 times per second. So even if your game is running at 400FPS you will only see 60 frames worth of picture/second. ^^ 75 on some rare monitors >.>
85 refresh rate on my CRT i think :p

Ya... I still start to notice the drop from 120 to 90 even if my monitor doesn't refresh that much. It just looks smoother. But idc, I don't claim any advantage by it.

I just dont understand how it can look smoother, when its not showing you any more or less frames ^_^. at 120 youre seeing 85 on your crt, and at 90... your seeing.... 85.

andrew said:
I have a feeling this cs2 you guys are talking about is Counterstrike Online made from an asian developer with valve.
It's basically cz with only DM
didnt read the article in the OP? Stating they're thinking of making a whole new CS, instead of rehashing the old crap again.

nothings concrete, they're just thinking.

85 refresh rate on my CRT i think :p

Ya... I still start to notice the drop from 120 to 90 even if my monitor doesn't refresh that much. It just looks smoother. But idc, I don't claim any advantage by it.

trun vsync on and u wont notice a difference, u can notice a difference because the timeing is all screwed up, its hard to explain i read it somewhere in games for windows magizine.. but if u want the game too look the best and not be choppy at all u have to have vsync on.

you got the wrong name in that quote XD

but yeah Vsync eliminates tearing by not bothering to process all the extra frames that your monitor can't show you anyway. So your card isn't running faster than your monitors refresh.

ah well to each his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom