Civ 5 lag

steve10765

Daemon Poster
Hi, I recently bought Civilization 5 and all the add ons, me and my friend have been playing online and it lags when I select a unit. Its so annoying! I am on turn 210-240 (around there). I haver searched google and it has come up with many results but they are old. Does anybody have a fix?

As you can see my system can handle it, I am usually at 60% CPU usage, sometimes is goes to 80% in game. Only when I am loading the game it get 100% CPU usage for about 2 seconds. My GPU can handle it, At my current settings I am getting 40+ fps, and thats when I am in a dense place. Also civ is on my SSD so its not that, and temperature is far from an issue.

I notice when I click the unit I get an FPS drop sometimes because of the lag, its about a second of lag and I drop from around 50FPS to 3FPS then back
I highly doubt its my system, seeing as others with lesser systems are having problems.
I could overclock to 3.8GHZ but I doubt its my system since as I am never above 80% usage(except when in loading screen)

Back
Top Bottom