Are celerons good 4 gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProfessorChaos

Solid State Member
I have 2 computers that i just networked and i put them next to each other. One is a P4 1.8Ghz with 512MB ram and a 80GB Hard Drive running on Win XP. The other one is a P2 233Mhz with 32MB ram and a 16GB Hard Drive running on Win95. I can only play UT '99 on the lowest graphics settings on the slow cpu. I want to buy this bundle for my slow cpu so I can play games like Halo, BF1942, and UT2004 together. Do you think this upgrade would be good for the slow cpu? Im only 14 so I dont have much money for a P4. I wont be running many apps on the slow cpu even if i get the upgrade. Ill probly just use it for games and the internet when my bro is on the other.

Celerons are not very good... But they will be able to handle the games as long as u have a good GPU and RAM.

So what kind of low cost upgrade should i get for the slow computer. I think the 2.7 celeron would be a considerable upgrade over a 233mhz P2. I have a 1.8 P4 for my better cpu and it runs games like halo, UT2004 and stuff like that fine. Im not gunna do doing heavy gaming on the slow one. Just some LAN games here and there. What should I get to see improvement. I dont really care if the graphics have to be bad or the resolution has to be low. As long as you can play thats more than good enough for me.

Please, professor, don't get a Celeron if you are going to be gaming. One of my friends has a 2GHz celeron with a Geforce2MX integrated card (its an e-machines), and it can barely run Return to Castle Wolfenstein on low graphics settings. Get an AMD Athlon 64 with a ATI Radeon 9600XT or better graphics card.

o helll NO THERE NOT trust me i haev ONE and NO celerons wont run games like halo or BF 1942 cuz both those games demand high processor cache and celerons only got 128k of cache they need about 512k so get a P4 and a P$ board but most P4 boards can support celerons 2

Do you think this would be a better upgrade. Its a Soyo KT600 Dragon Plus motherboard with a AMD Athlon XP 2500+/1.83Ghz Processor. It has a 512k cache and it is $100. I will probably buy this 512MB Ultra PC2700 DDR 333mhz memory. That together should be able to run good games. It will all be under $170. It should run games fine because my cpu that has a 1.8 P4 512k with 512MB ram does.

probably will run games good on that. even my system can run games and as u can see it's kinda old, so you won't have any trouble. Plus you can upgrade to a faster procceser with that motherboard(upto 3200) which is good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom