Calling all gamers! MMORPG??? Yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a little off topic but I was making a Crysis map... and I set my GPU fan to it's maximum and it was running at 120F. I did some tweaking on my Crysis map with the water and saved the map and pressed CTRL+G to play the map... Well.. I left to make a PB&J and when I came back about 4-5min ... I pressed CTRL+ALT+Delete to get rid of it because it was taking too long.. and I looked at my GPU temp and it was 240F... almost had a heart attack, lol - It is really warm in my room now.. and the fan is on the celing is on maximum... My own little heater, lol. With my new PC I will remember never to put it under my desk...

I checked out Guild Wars... I don't really like it that much.. though I can't give you a MMORPG I do like.. except for Runescape in the beginning, lol... Nothing meets my standards... AoC seems to meet them all.. BUT I am still worrying about the combat/PVP.. hope it is good..

Here's a shot I managed to get a couple seconds after I shut down Crysis Sandbox.

best mmo is by far the guild wars series ive never had so much fun with a game.

Guild Wars is not a MMO simply because the number of characters are limited to separate servers when you actually do anything interesting.

As for myself I use to play Asheron's Call for 5 years back when I was a kid. Never really played a better game, or had better PvP. The best part about it was Darktide, the server where there were NO safe zones, at any point in time anyone could come and kill you, guild mates, high levels in low level zones, any time any place.

It forced alliances, people to forge together to hold off the larger guilds, to make war and peace and group the smaller guilds together to fight off Blood (the biggest baddest PK (player killer) guild of the time).

It was amazing, there were respawn zones called Lifestones, which your guild usually claimed as its territory. Now some of these were very valuable and placed near the main cities, so obviously there were clan wars from time to time when the giant clans all found themselves wanting a single lifestone and trying to force enough loss on the other clan to pull out.

One of the BIGGEST things was real actual loss: if you died, you lost experience, your most valuable items on your body (came up with death items, things to keep that are highly valuable to try to keep from loosing your good stuff) as well as having a vitae penalty, if you died you got a 5% loss on all abilities, then another 5% next time you died, stacked until you hit 40%.

Overall it was an AMAZING game, then carebears made mansions and houses which had safe zones that alliances could group at which were protected by a barrier, killing Darktide.

I find games like WoW and Guild Wars sickening, any game where you can't kill the guy next to you for any reason just isn't fun to me.

Well, have a good night guys sorry for the long post, just reminiscing over the old days.

P.S. when they come out with a game when you can actually KILL anyone for any reason and there are no safe zones (cities, houses, ect) then I will be happy again. But people are just afraid of losing their valuable time and therefore there is nothing actually lost. I remember times when I would lose my weapon, and all my armor in a single death, then have to grab a spare set, fight through a horde of monsters and grab it back, or be killed in PvP and find the other guy took all my ****. It sucked from time to time, but it definitely made you feel better and more connected to your brothers in the clan.

Well thats one heck of a list you got there. ATM I play WoW and im happy with that, but I could see why you think its bad, im bored out of my head with it now. Im switching from that to AoC now, (Its out on may 20th-25th.) A site to look at for this is Age of Conan - Hyborian Adventures it looks good but dont know till it comes out. To the person who posted above me, I realise your post about PvP and not being able to own the guy next to you. In this AoC im talking about its exactly like your descripted game, All PvP all the time. If you come across people you can pwn them.

JoshSB, there is a shard in ultima that is like that. most trammies avoid that shard... also, there is two seperate areas per shard.. one called trammel and the other called felucia. felucia is a place where you can kill or be killed everywhere there is not a town guard. but really, to get that real kill all action, there's a shard just for that

Sir Cyber, You pulled my chain an i am considering playing UO again, I hope there is a realism shard where the city guards don't show up if you commit a crime in a town, you should be able to use the theaf skill or pull a assassination (used to RP a fair bit), just as a frame of reference I rember the Lord Brit assassination (wasn't there not even on the same shard) but i rember the dead hour came around an I was right in the middle of a guild war in tram it just turned into a free for all, it was just weird walking around in brit an every one was talking about the assassination, just plain weird...

I agree in this way:

Usually games are made... you can kill people and PVP is awesome... and then idiots make updates that make it so that you can't lose your items in PVP from dieing... WHAT THA HECK??? People complain about not wanting to lose their "items" and junk.. I say let there be a place where you can just unleash Hellllp any time you want... just PVP the living heck outa people anywhere, lol :happy:

Make a game actually like the old days of AD&D... if you die, you're dead unless someone has a way to bring you back. If you are killed (or incapacitated), you're stuff could be looted. If you are brought back, you lose stats (and they don't come back without magical help).

Good games where you go off with an objective... and not the same "quest" as every other idiot in the world. the booty you get is what you find along the way... loot from opponents or the victims of the creatures you defeat, the treasure trove of some ogre or dragon (and dragons are creatures nightmares are made of!), and then the prize that the entire adventure revolves around. Some of our best games didn't even have a material objective, but a task to be done or a place to find.

I have yet to see or hear of such a game. Yeah, having to start over is rough, but it makes you a little more cautious. Plus, in AD&D, a single dagger hit didn't take you out.

Yea I myself would like a MMO that isn't about quests (fantasy mostly bores me to tears) I would like to see more sci-fi or alternate time line MMO's I have had a great idea for one set in a alternate time line where the Cuban missile crisis wasn't just a flash in the pan.

The only objective of the game is to survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom