BluRay Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Blue Ray Gaming?

I am looking at games that keep up with MGS4. I think it would be great if that came out for the pc. We can't do that without the blue ray. and who wants to keep loading multiple dvds when with blue ray it is possible to put 6 dvds on 1 blue ray disk.

Blu Ray Discs have lots of storage, so if games started to get more intense, as far as coding goes. You could make games a lot more fun because of the enormous amounts of coding affecting your game play.

People keep mentioning things about devs making longer games etc..

I doubt this will happen. Games use to be large, tested, and good.

Now games are launched with 4 hours of game play, no testing, and buggy as ****.

but i do still agree it'll become the standard at some point of the future.

Why am i seeing responses saying that games wont go to blu-ray??

games went to dvd didnt they??

games used to be 200-300mb...now theyre pushing 7-8gb.

Games will go blu ray obviously, and probably for the same reasons games went CD to DVD....NOT because of length.

This is idea of length is only talking about a fraction of the gamine scene. The most popular games aren't even single player to begin with.

I never said length is the entire gaming scene. I am just saying a single player game that is super long takes up a lot more space. It of course will have other pro's to go along with the new found length. HD cut scenes and other stuff will add to it as well.

This question started out when will blue ray games happen for pc. Metal Gear solid 4 is the only game I like on ps3 so that doesnt justify me buying a ps3. Can you put it on a dvd?? maybe 6 dvds. Why when you we have blue ray?

Why can't we have a longer game?? Takes up more space then the average game so therfor the average dvd wont work. Multiple dvds? why when we have blue ray? not just length more detailed graphics and story. all this requires more coding and therefor more space is required.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best game ever created, and it is surprisingly a single-player game. If anything else comes out that you like, you should get a ps3.

Other good ps3 games:
Killzone 2 (outdone in the graphics department only by Crysis)
Resistance 2
Infamous
Motorstorm 2 (if you like racing games, this is one of the most fun. # 2 allows ingame music from the HDD and splitscreen).

For the pending category:
Drakes Fortune 1 + 2 (I haven't played it, and don't have a desire to, but people like it)
Little Pig Planet (Looks dumb to me, but it is popular)

Games will go bluray, but by the time this happens, i believe downloaded games will also be much more mainstream.

Why can't we have a longer game?? Takes up more space then the average game so therfor the average dvd wont work. Multiple dvds? why when we have blue ray? not just length more detailed graphics and story. all this requires more coding and therefor more space is required.

Doesnt matter if it takes up more space, believe it or not, pc game developers are completely unphased if they spill on to a second disc. They make the game they want to make and figure out these details later.

I'm all for this blu ray thing, i just do not want to see PC game prices rise up $10 just for the sake of a disk.

By the time they get to bluray, they'll be $60 anyway.

Btw, MGS4 is only huge because of the excessive amount of cut scenes. The game is only like 20-25 hours or something like that. Some people can spend over 300 hours trying to do everything in Oblivion, and that game fits on one disc. Length really has nothing to do with the game size unless it is a Japanese game because those always have lots of cut scenes. And how many pc games are japanese? Almost none. Japanese games really are dieing out. Except for on the Wii, only the really big titles are left aside from a few scattered games that no one really hears about.

I mean what, MGS, Final Fantasy (although these are really slowing down), Star Ocean (sort of popular), and what else? I guess people heard about The Last Remnant, but, whatever, it sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom