BluRay Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Blue Ray Gaming?

So I think in time we will be able to get these games because I know I do not want to download a 30gb game off the internet. I believe as games become more in depth longer and more detailed blue ray will be the media of choice. It will eventually faze out dvd media just like dvd media did to cds.

So I think in time we will be able to get these games because I know I do not want to download a 30gb game off the internet. I believe as games become more in depth longer and more detailed blue ray will be the media of choice. It will eventually faze out dvd media just like dvd media did to cds.

Sure. But, my internet provider is now offering 101mbps down and 15mbps up.
Optimum - Optimum Online - Speed. Security. Support.

At some point I wouldn't mind downloading 30GIG games.

Sure. But, my internet provider is now offering 101mbps down and 15mbps up.
Optimum - Optimum Online - Speed. Security. Support.

At some point I wouldn't mind downloading 30GIG games.

Whoa, what do you have? Fiber? Still, that is not worth it at all. $50 for the normal online and then another $55? That is insane. It's kind of deceptive how they give it to you for $30 a month for half a year, and then they boost the price to $50. If I were you, I would consider getting the boost for an extra $10, but the ultra is disgusting.

On the subject, I don't see games being released on BD until the drives are under $40. They'll probably be under $30 before they don't make games on DVD anymore.

But I can see many people getting them as the price comes down.
You are forgetting about all the people that all ready have computer and don't upgrade until they purchase a new computer.

price of blu ray might come down, but I don't see every Tom **** and Harry running out to the computer shop to upgrade there machines with a blu ray drive.

The other thing to keep in mind is how many games out there that are using the full 25Gb / 50Gb of a BluRay disk. About the only games that i can think of is the occasional SquareSoft game like Lost Odyssey that takes 4 DVDs.

This is true. But I think the people that want to play such games will go out and get a drive. These games not being for the average computer or computer gamer. More of the power gamer.

All good points in this. I do believe blu-ray will have to become more popular before this happens. I still see people questioning why their dvd game won't play in their cd-drive.....So people aren't 100% caught up as of now with dvd drives either :\. Just wait for blu-ray to be under $40-50 and games will probably start coming out. Maybe they'll do duel releases for dvd and bluray (I know some games did for cd and dvd )

This is a horrible idea. First of all blu ray is only awesome because its movies can be uncompressed. So basically you'll get alot of space out of going blu ray.

Sure in the distant future, when games get so unnatural, we'll need more space. But till then we haven't even started to use multiple DVDs.

NOTE: RAGE's build is something more than 1TB atm.

stb1swat

This is a horrible idea. First of all blu ray is only awesome because its movies can be uncompressed. So basically you'll get alot of space out of going blu ray.

Sure in the distant future, when games get so unnatural, we'll need more space. But till then we haven't even started to use multiple DVDs.

NOTE: RAGE's build is something more than 1TB atm.

LENGTH contributes a lot to space. And the sooner we can adapt blue ray to pc games, the sooner we won't be finishing a game in a week. right now a DL disk can hold around 8gb. 1 blue ray disk triples that space and there for the game can be almost 3x as long making a more in depth story and longer game play.

LENGTH contributes a lot to space. And the sooner we can adapt blue ray to pc games, the sooner we won't be finishing a game in a week. right now a DL disk can hold around 8gb. 1 blue ray disk triples that space and there for the game can be almost 3x as long making a more in depth story and longer game play.

OH so you're banking off the thought that devs will actually make longer games? There is nothing limiting them at all right now. They can just use more dvds if their build doesn't fit on one.

And more space won't contribute to more length since you're talking about story and depth which is only a fraction of what makes a single player game. I've never heard a developer complain about a lack of space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom