BF4 PC System Requirements

The PC I built last year (well almost two years) is above the recommended specs but a little bit.

Also, there's a difference of running games on the PC on low quality vs high vs ultra. I know people say you can build a gaming pc capable of running crysis/bf3/etc but its always just barely over the minimum specs that it'd be better on a console.

Aren't console games usually the equivalent of lower settings than ultra low for a PC version of the same game?
Skyrim on lowest settings looks better than it does on Xbox to me, or at least very, very similar.

Aren't console games usually the equivalent of lower settings than ultra low for a PC version of the same game?
Skyrim on lowest settings looks better than it does on Xbox to me, or at least very, very similar.

Guess it might depend on the age of the console in its generation and such.

It's usually always a case of, low looks better than the console version. We'll have to see on the new consoles, but in a year or two worth of time I suspect the same can be said for them too. Not only that, but 1080p native and 16xAF always has an advantage over any console. A cheap card like the 650ti Boost can do BF3 medium settings at 1080p easy.

Agreed.

But, I just don't think blindly telling people to take their $400-$500 to build a PC is the best option for everyone. :)

If it's for gaming and the person isn't wanting any specific exclusives, then sure it is. You'd be otherwise spending the same money on the console, and you can still use the controllers wirelessly on your PC, as well as put it on your TV for the comfort of your furniture. All in all, pretty much the same experience except with better IQ.

I understand not everybody wants to game on a PC, but typically most of the excuses I hear are just excuses. Especially now that the new consoles are around the corner, because usually it's money or "I don't want to rebuy the games". If you're buying a new console, you'll be buying new games for it.

It makes even more sense now that people are wanting more multitasking on the consoles. I can have as many monitors as I like on my PC, and it takes 2 seconds to alt+tab to go to my browser to post on Facebook I just kicked Johnny's ass at Halo. Or, there are other programs that do that within the game, and have seamless broadcasting. Like Xfire is associated with Twitch and you can live stream by simply hitting scrl+b. The only downfall maybe would be the whole take control on the PS4, but personally I'm not gay enough to want my buddy to play the game for me.

Or you can get super advanced like I'm doing, to dedicate secondary graphics cards and peripherals for 2 people to play on the same PC or remote host. I'm still in the process of setting this up myself, but it's been doable since about this time last year. Just ridiculously irritating to set up.

Back
Top Bottom