bf2142 minimizing issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkop16

Daemon Poster
I just got battlefield 2142 (needed something to hold me over till quake wars and supreme commander are out :p), but i can't seem to get past this problem.

Every time I start bf2142, it will minimize. If I click the tab or alt+tab to bring it back up, it will just minimize again.

I updated to v1.10. I tried disabling my second monitor. I even updated my mouse/keyboard software on logitech even though they have been working fine since i got them.

Anybody got any suggestions or know how to fix the problem.

I did just get a 8800gts, but I already updated the drivers. All my other games don't experience the issue with the new card either but I figure I should mention in case I'm missing something.

Thanx guys,
darkop16

I had that problem with bf1942, i know old. lol it only happned when I had my folding@home in the taskbar. (not running) when I completely exited it the problem stopped.

I dont know if you fold but that was my problem.

your awesome....that did it. I didn't think to turn off F@H. Kinda funny how that only happens with bf2142.

Thanx again man.

The BF games and Folding do not get along at all. I, too, have discovered this the hard way.

yeah i was going to say for best gameplay dont have anything running that might use your internet(like p2p or torrents) and other programmes close down.

All i have running when playing BF2142 is my Antivirus and firewall

zone alarm also has a nasty habit of minimising games when it checks for updates - took me a while to identify that.

I won't run F@H while playing online games anymore. I always check the game.exe in zone alarm before i play it, but there is also a game mode but i just use the former method since it keeps me protected.

thanx again guys for the advice

What the **** is Folding@Home.

Sounds like you all have it but ive NEVER Heard of it.

Thanks, And Please Enlighten Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom