BF2 Officially SUCKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had all the same isues....but I think it will get better with time....doesnt compare to playablilty of HL2 which sux....i will keep playing....and currently if i join to 32 player or less server it runs fine. Theres a tweak for setting resolution to 1280x1024 which sure helps graphically.

im a pretty experienced battlefield player, and i can fly no problem on keyboard and mouse, both chopper and plane. I had to go into single player in BFV and DC and yank and bank for a few hours to become proficient. the flight mechanics in BF2 are different, but not totally different than BFV. Agreed there are immature people,,,unfortunately, every game has that now. I enjoy BF2, but i have to admit i was a little let down by it, but i was expecting the greatest game ever.

I run it on 1280x960 using the Omega driver version of the Cat 5.6s (pretty good drivers), highest settings, including AA, and it runs fine, no problem

beedubaya said:
Yet there are those with 6600 GTs that are able to play it fine.

I have a 6600GT and I can run it fine.

It does seem like it was released before it was finished though.

Heyyo,

The game turned out pretty good I say. CSS turned out like crap compared to good ol' CS1.6 I say. Crappy hitboxes, only 2 player models (lol, finally, after like, a long time they're adding new models.. I liked the original T model more than this new skinny junker), the physics (unless you like bumping off barrels and when you jump on them you slide out somehow..), the massive cpu hogging bots..

BF2 I say turned out visually superior to CSS. The only prob with the graphics quality on BF2 is the Pixel Shaders. Currently, BF2 only supports PS1.1 and PS3.0 I think. So yeah, you either get the best shadows, or the worst. Personally, I just turned them off, game looks better that way minus them ugly pixelated shadows and it runs better, lol. On my comp I can run the 16 bots and have a plenty smooth gameplay, on CSS 9 bots and my computer chunks out in combat, great. I say the bots was the hugest improvement over the older BF games. On BF2 they actually attack you right away and they're hella deadly now in tanks. Plus being able to switch to any position inna vehicle booting the bots aside? excellent. :)

BF2 suffers greatly of compaitibility issues, indeed. Lots of people saying their cards won't work with the game. Hopefully they fix this in upcoming patches.

As for pretty good graphics onna 64 player game and it running good on lots of computers? Star Wars Battlefront is king. I've had it run pretty good onna freakin' acer laptop with intel "extreme" intergrated graphics. The only downside is the netcode, very warpy, especially when in turret positions of a moving vehicle... plus the bots are crazy fun, I've been on maps that supported 80 bots or so, and it ran rediculously smooth, and the combat was suicide, I loved it. :D

Yeah...i have a mediocre system and I'm able to play it fine....granted it's on low settings, but as far as lag and crashes and such it's run okay. It did crash once after I installed the patch, but that's it. And BTW that patch is shit. They are bringing out a new one.

It doesn't play on your pc? my my.

It played beautiful on my friend 2.8 ghz p4, fx5900, 512 ram system.

btw, stay clear of ranked servers, they suck........alot.

While on topic, if you want to play in 1280x1024, change your desktop shortcut to this:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024

Right click>Properties>Target...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom