BF 2 -- Sub Par

Status
Not open for further replies.
beedubaya said:
I can't get it to play flawlessly because of my X800 Pro. ATI's drivers really don't like BF2, at least Catalyst 5.6 doesn't.

it runs flawlessly on my X850 XT at 1280x960, highest settings with AA at max (dun think there is an AF setting). Cat 5.1s. Try using those

Battlefield games are supposed to be over the top, not realistic tactical games. While i enjoy other games like AA and Rainbow 6, i get a kick out of battlefield as well.

Gamespy...well, im not gonna start there

Gfx...pretty damn nice

Oh btw who ever is having a problem with getting in game with X800, i recently installed service pack 2, and couldnt play BF 2. I just re-downloaded the newest drivers and im good.

KiDrIoT69 said:
Another thing i dont like:

Vehicle Wrecks -- OK...wtf is up with this -- You blow up the jeep, or APC, then about 6 seconds later, the wreckage blows up. I just dont understand why they would do something like that.

I think that is so that the vehicles don't 'pile up' and stop others from driving past. If they didn't blow up they'd get in the way.

I think BF2 is a fantastic game. Maybe those who are dissapointed just got too hyped up.

I'm still on the fence trying to decide if I should buy it. I just started gaming on PC's a few months ago, beat Far Cry & HL2, and now I play counterstrike about 5 hours a week.

Are you guys serious you think BF2 is better than Counterstrike?

Isn't it a sin to not consider HL2 & Counterstrike the best FPS games to date?

m3trj said:
I think that is so that the vehicles don't 'pile up' and stop others from driving past. If they didn't blow up they'd get in the way.

I think BF2 is a fantastic game. Maybe those who are dissapointed just got too hyped up.

Well again, im really about realism. I was expecting a real battlefield, like sandy towns, sometimes sand storms, with one or two shots to kill someone.

I still think the wrecks should stay there, it would enhance the battlefield -- lets say an Iraqi convoy (group of APCS/Tanks/Jeeps) was attacking a base, coming through narrow streets. As USA, i should be able to fire a Javalin, blow up the lead, and halt the convoy.

I was just expecting someone more realistic, guess i'll have to wait for Call of Duty 2.

Heyyo,

Nah, I say how the wreckage blows up is a good thing. It used to annoy the hell outta me in bf42 how a dead jeep could block the road, and when sometimes I bumped it with my tank, my tank would explode!! I mean... it's just a dead little jeep.. c'mon. So dice did learn from this problem. One thing I would've found better is when vehicles with exposed player positions like the dune buggy exploded, that everyone inside would fly out.. that would've rocked instead of them vanishing in the wreckage with no trace.

I for one say BF2's better than CSS, no doupt about that. CS1.6?? hmm.. it's a close call, but there's more to do on BF2 than CS1.6 and the bigger player count is sweet so I say bf2's a better game, and since you're just getting into PC gaming? this one would really train your teamplay, just get into squads n' pwn away. Once kickass mods liek that planned mafia mod rolls out for bf2? it'll be insane. Can't wait to get my hands onna tommy gun n' do drive by's in kickass 1930's cars. I hope the feel of it is like the game Mafia.. cause that was a great game. :D

I say there's only one problem with vehicles BF2, and that's how vehicles can kill players on foot even if they're barely moving. Taking this from halo was bad. They should've done somekindof damage multiplier in respect to the vehicles speed, that would've been tons better.

beedubaya said:
I can't get it to play flawlessly because of my X800 Pro. ATI's drivers really don't like BF2, at least Catalyst 5.6 doesn't.

Dude, I see you complaining about your X800 Pro all the time. LOL - Sorry that you got a bum X800. As far as the Cat 5.6 drivers go... I've had nothing but great results from upgrading to Cat 5.6. I've actually gained over 1,200 points in 3DMark05 with my X800XT PE.

I play BF2 Flawlessly, Crystal Clear, Zero Problems... Well, technically speaking anyway. One thing you need for sure, 2GIG's of RAM. I;ve monitored with logs my MEMORY usage during gameplay...
With all of my Video/Audio Settings on the highest... My system normally has 65-75% memory free. During BF2 gameplay, my system will have only 25-30% memory free. Also, the windows paging file is between 750MB - 1 GIG. So, this game loves your systems resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom