Best PC Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BestComputerGeek

Baseband Member
Hey guys!

I recently built myself a new computer. It is quite fast and probably can run most of the current games. I have been wanting to get more into PC Gaming but I don't know what my first game should be...

So that's when I turn to you guys! What are your favorite games for the PC? What do you recommend to me?

Thanks!

That list can be long and very different from user to user. What type of games do you like to play? FPS, RTS, RPG, etc.

well racing i would have gone the console route to be honest. But for fps's: bc2, cod4 (way better then mw2),

crossover of rpg and fps:borderlands (hands down a great game)

rpg: mass effect one and two

Those are just some that come to mind...there is a lot of goods ones i missed obviously.

FPS

Battlefield Bad Company 2
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Borderlands (RPGFPS)
Bioshock 1 (I hear Bioshock 2 is good but I can't vouch for it)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
Half Life 2 (and the episodes)

I am also playing Dead Space which is a Third Person Shooter. It is pretty good and scary.

RPG

Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Dragon Age Origins
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Racing Games

Dirt
Dirt 2
Need For Speed: Shift
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Need For Speed: Carbon
Burnout Paradise

For racing games... Get yourself a 360 controller to hook up to your computer and play with those.

I just finished Split/Second a week or so ago, and it was actually pretty fun. Can try NFS series (I liked Carbon on PC most of all), Burnout, DiRT, etc. Depends if you'd rather play arcade style or sim-racing.

Adding to the RPG:
Fallout 3
agreed with both Mass Effect 1 & 2...played both, and loved both of 'em.

Dragon Age Origins.

Oblivion is immensely popular even if I don't like it.

FPS

Battlefield Bad Company 2
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Borderlands (RPGFPS)
Bioshock 1 (I hear Bioshock 2 is good but I can't vouch for it)
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
Half Life 2 (and the episodes)

I am also playing Dead Space which is a Third Person Shooter. It is pretty good and scary.

RPG

Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Dragon Age Origins
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Racing Games

Dirt
Dirt 2
Need For Speed: Shift
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Need For Speed: Carbon
Burnout Paradise

That's quite a list! I'll have to try a few of them out! Thanks for the help!
-----
For racing games... Get yourself a 360 controller to hook up to your computer and play with those.

I just finished Split/Second a week or so ago, and it was actually pretty fun. Can try NFS series (I liked Carbon on PC most of all), Burnout, DiRT, etc. Depends if you'd rather play arcade style or sim-racing.

Adding to the RPG:
Fallout 3
agreed with both Mass Effect 1 & 2...played both, and loved both of 'em.

A 360 Controller. I'll have to grab one of those. Good idea!

Thanks!

----

@Druid - I have heard of Oblivion, never really tried it, probably won't... Dragon Age Origins sounds like fun. I'll have to try that one as well!

Thanks for the help!

The S.T.A.L.K.E.R series is an excellent option for FPS/RPG hybrids. Shadow of Chernobyl is the first game, Clear Sky is a prequel for SoC, and Call of Pripyat is a sequel to SoC.

The two older games can be had for $10 or less online and are an exceptional value at that price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom