The Best Graphics....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see Far Cry made with the Source engine. I love the outdoor enviorments of Far Cry, and the indoor envoroments of HF2.

Someone get on that, a mod for HF2 that is the playable Far Cry game.

Wait...that doesn't make sense. Far Cry graphics already look amazing.... :)

Vanilla, in this case meaning the standard maps that ship with the game.

Source: The only place where HL2/CS:S's outdoor environments fell short was the fact that they were static; i.e tree models, grass etc had no animation, and also the water bumpmaps looked a little out of sync I felt... Otherwise yes, they could be considered the amongst the most 'realistic' real-time renderings in a PC game to date.

Honestly though, I see little point in comparing HL2, Far Cry and Doom 3 bacause they're all beautiful, just in different ways. Plus we're talking about 12-month old games now. With so many graphical breakthroughs just around the corner (Unreal 3.0, CryEngine 2, Project Offset et all) next year is going to make this generation of games look out of date.

If there was one thing in HL2 that rele pissed me off, it was the fire. The fire looked like it was a throwback to the 90s

j4ckaL said:
because I want to get a new game with amazing graphics kind of as a tech demo to see what my new comp is capable of. :D

...so why didn't u exclude hl2,doom, farcry and stuff since they aint all new and stuff, i dont see why fear would not count lol, the physics in that game is far better then those games, as far as movement and the realism in the gun battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom